• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV LED 24V LIGHTS ?

JoeBob1901

To confirm, I'm seeing a number of Truck-Lite lights out there claiming to be "HMMWV LED 24V LIGHTS" but not all appear to have the same mounting options. Which version would be the best to pursue grabbing for an '85 M998:

Part #07370
07370.jpg

Part #07379
07379.jpg

Most of the links were broken as they were old auction links or old manufacturer links so didn't want to order the wrong part. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

R Racing

The first 1 your showing is the bulb itself that would work for your application. The 2nd 1 would be the bulb and housing. If the truck has the housingsame you only need the bulbs.
Also I believe I know you from another forum?

JoeBob1901

The first 1 your showing is the bulb itself that would work for your application. The 2nd 1 would be the bulb and housing. If the truck has the housingsame you only need the bulbs.
Also I believe I know you from another forum?
Got it. Its a working, driving HMMWV so the housing and wiring is all there. Thanks for the input. That's what appeared to be the case but I didn't want to assume as I don't know jack.

Which forum? Don't judge a Joe Bob by his cover :)

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Joe Bob welcome to the site from the other side of the state. Moved your question to the HMMWV forum there are some folks on here that are very knowledgeable on the 988, I'm not one of them!

JoeBob1901

MD shooters lol
You expect some sort of anonymity on the internet and you had to go and ruin it :lol:

Joe Bob welcome to the site from the other side of the state. Moved your question to the HMMWV forum there are some folks on here that are very knowledgeable on the 988, I'm not one of them!
Thanks! I didn't notice what sub-forum the original thread was posted in.

I've shot a few matches at the Desoto, KS range but haven't been in that area of the state for much more than that. I probably won't be voluntarily driving the HMMWV that far though!

Last edited:

DSO_351

On the back of the Headlights they may specify 12v or 24v. The three wires leads should match the housing or the hood wiring harness wire numbers. Led Turnsignals usually don't include the mounting housing. Some use the aluminum turn signal housings. Clearance lights are also available. Leds draw less current or amps and may require a resistor for the flasher to function correctly.

TedG

Regarding the headlight housing, the only difference between M series trucks and hmmwv's is the length of the stud on the rubber isolators. The hmmwv is approx 3/4" long and the H series trucks are approx 1/2". They can be changed though to fit your truck. New ones get be bought either thru mv dealers or McMaster Carr.