• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV M998 6.2 vs 6.5 td

WRFPD

I can get a 6.5 turbo engine with 4l80e trans and trans case for $2500 new. What am I getting into in order to make that work in a M998 with the smaller 6.2. Is it worth the cost?

Last edited:

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can get a 6.5 turbo engine with 4l80e trans and trans case for $2500 new. What am I getting into in order to make that work in a M998 with the smaller 6.2. Is it worth the cost?
I'll take two for 2500 each if new or more.
Peoples done it already on here...they may reply.
You'll need eng. harness, body harness, x member, drive shafts, body modified, and other small misl. parts.

WRFPD

I'll take two for 2500 each if new or more.
Peoples done it already on here...they may reply.
You'll need eng. harness, body harness, x member, drive shafts, body modified, and other small misl. parts.
So alot of work. I would buy them up too if they were open to everyone, have to be another government branch to get them at that price. this unit is getting fitted to be used for a fire department

racing4funn

Ive been told that power wise your not missing much staying with the 6.2 and not having or swapping to the newer 6.5 (non turbo). Also was told the 6.5s are quite abit noiser.. things ive been told but i havent had a 6.5 and cant agree or not. The 4l80e is worth the upgrade. You get a much needed overdrive

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks