• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Mud flap kit

daniel.7575

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a mud flap kit for my M998 please?

Im looking for the kit that mounts yo airlift bumper, I've seen a couple of sets on eBay for around $80 but I have again been told that they are not allowed to be shipped over to the UK.

Seem to find this with a fair few sellers... Does anyone know why this is?

HPG has them and is happy to ship to me but all in i'd be looking at around $600!

i guess I can make a set but I like to keep it standard parts ideally..

thanks

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
those mud flaps are heavy. There is a epay seller just selling the brackets. I would recommend just ordering the brackets and cut down some rubber mud flaps to fit from your side of the pond. :) Just a solid rubber flap, nothing special.

If seller will not ship brackets to you, I would be glad to purchase and send to you- no handling etc, just actual cost and ship.

daniel.7575

those mud flaps are heavy. There is a epay seller just selling the brackets. I would recommend just ordering the brackets and cut down some rubber mud flaps to fit from your side of the pond. :) Just a solid rubber flap, nothing special.

If seller will not ship brackets to you, I would be glad to purchase and send to you- no handling etc, just actual cost and ship.
Hi juanprado
Thanks for the reply, when I search items on eBay I often get a message saying HMMWV parts are restricted items that can't be exported.. I have no such problems with parts found searching for HUMMER H1 or M998 weird eh?

Could you give me the eBay item number for the brackets please? I'll have a look, that does make sense the rubber is heavy... Thanks very much for the offer to ship them to me I'll take you up on that if I don't have any luck and I'm more than happy to cover the cost of a few beers for the trouble!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see it on ebay anymore. There was a seller just selling the brackets or an actual reproduction of the original. I thought it was Federal Military parts or Midwest Military Equipment but don't see it listed right now.

Maybe just add to your search emails from ebay to see when they pop back up?