• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv on a trailer?

dmetalmiki

M series? but how to load it. Perhaps a civilian trailer? (low) and your truck with a civilian hitch. Usefull for future tasks as well. With a loaded trailer does that affect you driving licence requirements?

Blackmagic94

No I want a military trailer and its for FMTV series truck. If it doesnt have ramps I would just build one, but what size trailer would be big enough space wise?

Blackmagic94

Thats ok, my M1083 FMTV MTV is rated to pull 21,000 lbs for trailer weight so I think that wont be an issue which I want to see is greater then my M923A2 I have.

3dAngus

That's a tough one, and it takes one smarter than me. I am a MV trailer whore, buying over 40 of them at one time.
I never saw a military trailer that would make a good HMMWV hauler, but, that doesn't make it so.
Most are just to darn tall, unless you have a tractor and get a lowboy.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a tough one, and it takes one smarter than me. I am a MV trailer whore, buying over 40 of them at one time.
I never saw a military trailer that would make a good HMMWV hauler, but, that doesn't make it so.
Most are just to darn tall, unless you have a tractor and get a lowboy.
The EET military trailer is a perfect tag trailer for what he wants .

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You just towed one to the dunes, a uhaul trailer.

You should have measured it.

Tornadogt

If your going to do all the work just to fab ramps, I would do the equipment trailer and just add paint. A little less work.
The OP has repeatedly said he wants a Military Trailer... I completely agree a civi trailer and paint it green is the easiest and best option. But not what he was asking for.

Gunzy

I agree, M1061A1 and build ramps. I am waiting for the ones stacked here in Utah to start auctioning as I would like one for behind my M923.