• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV parts prices

KansasBobcat

Have seen some complaints about increasing HMMWV parts prices. Just saw that Sportsmans Guide has increased price of early style drivers seat from about $11.00 to $79.95! Hopefully everything won"t go up 7 or 8 times!

jake-cutter

I have noticed since August prices really began to climb as more people received theirs. Look around for tops now and you will notice that there are only a few complete kits. Tan also seems more popular and is demanding a premium over od and woodland. X doors have become insane in price. I wish I would have bought more stuff like tops and doors while waiting on my EUC to clear.

On the plus side, I have seen more parts being liquidated on gov liquidation site, some in poor condition such as doors and others new in crates such as slant back parts. I saw some rear Ibis Tek light bars and hope they start showing up with the harness.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tell me about it. I bought troop seats, had them shipped across half the country. Didn't dawn on me till I picked them up, I have a 4 man HMMWV, the seats are for a two man rig.........

kdaniels

I remember this same topic coming up after the Atlanta auction. Dealers had tons of parts at give away prices because buyers were limited. Once some of the trucks hit the market pricing went up. Most everyone in the hobby agreed that it was just a good return on a chance investment for those who spent the money to buy and inventory any item related with the humvee. To those buyers who are facing sticker shock on parts I would say don't sweat it too much..there is always another deal around the corner and you don't know true sticker shock unless you've bought Humvee parts at retail prices.

SEMPER FI !!

keith

KansasBobcat

I remember this same topic coming up after the Atlanta auction. Dealers had tons of parts at give away prices because buyers were limited. Once some of the trucks hit the market pricing went up. Most everyone in the hobby agreed that it was just a good return on a chance investment for those who spent the money to buy and inventory any item related with the humvee. To those buyers who are facing sticker shock on parts I would say don't sweat it too much..there is always another deal around the corner and you don't know true sticker shock unless you've bought Humvee parts at retail prices.

SEMPER FI !!

keith
Totally agree about parts from dealer. Some items like half shaft bolts weren't too bad. There have to be a lot of parts somewhere based on number of HMMWVs produced and time in inventory...going on 25 years!

Piper Cub

I just tried to order 4 of the seat frames from Sportsman's for my mini HMMWV/ Jeep golf cart project. $19.96 for the seats and $66.79 for the shipping. The "free" shipping code they gave me only took $8.99 off because they consider it heavy and bulky. Sure looked like a good deal that would save me a ton of work but I guess I'll just weld up my own frames.

KansasBobcat

I just tried to order 4 of the seat frames from Sportsman's for my mini HMMWV/ Jeep golf cart project. $19.96 for the seats and $66.79 for the shipping. The "free" shipping code they gave me only took $8.99 off because they consider it heavy and bulky. Sure looked like a good deal that would save me a ton of work but I guess I'll just weld up my own frames.
Not quite the deal I thought. However $20.00 seats don't sound too bad if you can use them. I would gladly have paid that rather than prep and paint my old driver seat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks