• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV prices are sure coming up

tomelroy

I really like the 1165a1…and apparently I am not alone. That is crazy money. I about fell out of my chair…. I think the non runners are still a reasonable option. No way it’s gonna take 20 plus k to get one running, painted, etc.

jmenende

I really like the 1165a1…and apparently I am not alone. That is crazy money. I about fell out of my chair…. I think the non runners are still a reasonable option. No way it’s gonna take 20 plus k to get one running, painted, etc.
I am not willing to gamble on a non runner that can have alot of blowby or is missing too many parts since it became a donor. GP, with all the pics and videos, is always a gable. I buy gensets all year long and its a box of chocolates.

tomelroy

did you see the blowby on the ones that went for $$$$ Today? Auctions are always a gamble....thats half the fun. 50k before the fees and visible blowby? I am in the camp of roll the dice on the 12K unit with no doors and headlights, etc. If is doenst work out... Duramax! But a pristine unit at 25K, that is ideal.

jmenende

did you see the blowby on the ones that went for $$$$ Today? Auctions are always a gamble....thats half the fun. 50k before the fees and visible blowby? I am in the camp of roll the dice on the 12K unit with no doors and headlights, etc. If is doenst work out... Duramax! But a pristine unit at 25K, that is ideal.
The problem on spotting that blow by now is you dont know at what temp that video was shot and one might confuse it with steam. It might have been a very cold day and you passed on that nice diamond in the ruff. Ohh the variables. 😅

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no way it’s going to cost$20k to get one running,painted,etc? you sure about that?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks