• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV prices are sure coming up

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next few weeks will be a good time to buy if you have been thinking about it.
Yermo has 97 Humvee’s coming up. Probably get a great deal on an M1123. some are a little ruff cosmetically and they have a few turbo trucks slant back and others. I got a M1165 yesterday and I think I did good on it. It’s a non runner so time will tell what I actually did.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next few weeks will be a good time to buy if you have been thinking about it.
Yermo has 97 Humvee’s coming up. Probably get a great deal on an M1123. some are a little ruff cosmetically and they have a few turbo trucks slant back and others. I got a M1165 yesterday and I think I did good on it. It’s a non runner so time will tell what I actually did.
When large lots come up for sale, it is the best time to bid. 1st ones early go high, middle group best, and last ones are bid up by those who lost out and pay more than 1st group. At least my experience for my m923 ,m998, and multiple trailers I flipped.

All the best , ymmv :tank:

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G503 for Hmmwv's was a much better forum at one time...everything Hmmwv was in its own area unlike this site...G503 was easier to buy, sell,
and find Hmmwv stuff....And all the old timer Hmmwv guys were on there and here.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
G503 for Hmmwv's was a much better forum at one time...everything Hmmwv was in its own area unlike this site...G503 was easier to buy, sell,
and find Hmmwv stuff....And all the old timer Hmmwv guys were on there and here.
I'm a little confused? We have a separate section just for the HMMWV family here?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm a little confused? We have a separate section just for the HMMWV family here?
I'm aware of a section for non-military modifications, but other than that I think it's some people are saying that if it could go on a HMMWV it should be in that section, including trailers like the M101 series (that predates the HMMWV and only the A3 model is actually designed with the HMMWV in mind) and shelters, and the M1101/1102 trailers.

That would put most DRASH trailers in the HMMWV section, rather than the trailers or generators section, along with all sorts of random crap that might or might not have been used with the HMMWV at some point, as well as tents like the XB or M series because they went on those trailers that got hooked up to the HMMWV.

It opens up a can of worms where you would have the same item being discussed in multiple forums because that non-vehicle item was used in multiple applications.

Personally I like how it is here. Anything dealing with the HMMWV vehicle is in this forum. Anything related to a trailer is in that forum. Things like generator trailers usually end up in either generator or trailer, depending on what portion of the system you are talking about.

Can you imagine trying to find specific info on something like an MEP-803A generator when you have to look through the HMMWV forum because some were mounted on M116A3 chassis, the FMTV forum and 5 ton forums because some were mounted on M103 chassis, as well as a trailer forum where it might have ended up, and all of that after checking a generator forum?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just info:
On G503...there is a Hmmwv knowlege section, parts for sale, parts wanted, modification, and photo section all next to each other.
In SS for sale or wanted section...If your looking for specific Hmmwv stuff...there's to much other stuff mixed in.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just info:
On G503...there is a Hmmwv knowlege section, parts for sale, parts wanted, modification, and photo section all next to each other.
In SS for sale or wanted section...If your looking for specific Hmmwv stuff...there's to much other stuff mixed in.
I understand your point, but IMHO the format here is easy to understand and keeps things pretty clean and streamlined and understandable. It just works.

I would not advocate to change or fix SteelSoldiers, because it’s not broken.

Edit - That other forum (name removed) is less active for a reason. Let’s not imitate them.

Last edited:

jmenende

When large lots come up for sale, it is the best time to bid. 1st ones early go high, middle group best, and last ones are bid up by those who lost out and pay more than 1st group. At least my experience for my m923 ,m998, and multiple trailers I flipped.

All the best , ymmv :tank:
Problem is the govplanet got smart and lists junk first. Imo. Nicer units are are those in yermo and usually go towards the end.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I was referring to multiple items from the same location the same day. If I recall the times I got lucky there were maybe 15 m923's that day at Fort Polk, 12 m998 one day also at Fort Polk, and the m101 trailers were maybe 50 at Red River that day. I also recall all the large lots of M931 tractors & M936 wreckers that would come out of Camp Shelby.

I do agree that GP is a more sophisticated operator when it comes to marketing than GL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks