• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv problem starting

Overboard

So I finally got the time and replaced all the glow plugs, after taking them out I checked them and out of all 8 only one was working, two were swollen, how ever none were broken. Im replacing the PCB and TSU today and installing the grounding wire kit, fingers crossed should solve the issue.
I would like to say I didn't get the removal socket figured at the moment the money wasn't worth the convenience. So after all was said and done I turned a 30min job into a 3hour one. I also banged my hand on the engine, and firewall trying to get leverage so many times that I will say if you are reading this thread have the same issues and are on the fence about getting the removal tool, GET THE TOOL

Overboard

So last night I got back to it and before I installed everything I connected the batteries and tried it, started right up. After which I replaced the PCB, and the TSU, with an EESS s3 and put on a ground wire kit. I'm not taking any chances. One thing to note though if you have the time build your own ground wire harness I saved almost $50, also with the old PCB is this garbage now or an item that can be reused in some facite. Thanks for all who helped

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So last night I got back to it and before I installed everything I connected the batteries and tried it, started right up. After which I replaced the PCB, and the TSU, with an EESS s3 and put on a ground wire kit. I'm not taking any chances. One thing to note though if you have the time build your own ground wire harness I saved almost $50, also with the old PCB is this garbage now or an item that can be reused in some facite. Thanks for all who helped
Some folks have opened and repaired PCBs, I'd say it has some salvage value.
BDGR

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks