• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv rear brake calipers

kfrosty

Noticed one of my calipers leaking this morning. It's the right rear and has the emergency brake built in.

The rubber sleeve around the piston appears to be where the leak is coming from. The question is, has anybody taken a shot at trying to rebuilt one of these calipers? If so where did you get the parts? Or is there a place to send them off?

Or conversely, anybody had any luck finding an OEM version at one of the parts store? Autozone shows one but the pictures shown do not have the emergency brake built in.

Thanks

kfrosty

I was able to find a Boot seal kit at Napa. Part # is 1473

FYI. If you run into a situation like mine where it appears piston seal had an issue, I took a small screw driver and got the Piston cap off to get to the thrust bolt nut. I just bent in a little area and tapped the screw driver head under and pried it out. Then I took needle nose pliers and bent the lip back. Took the piston out, replaced the piston seal and dust boot. I put a little high temp gasket sealer around the edge for good measure. Note, I've taken a couple of these apart and both has moisture under the cap so I think I'm going to use sealer regardless going forward.

Going to order some full kits on Tues. Mike, thanks again for the link.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks