• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv rear spring question

papakb

I finally had a chance to go measure the ID on the set of intermediate springs that I have and they're 4.5" ID.

911joeblow

If anybody has a few spring sets sitting around and would care to measure the free length of each type, I have a spring builder from my days in Motorsports that can make up springs in any rate and even progressive. The military sprung these to carry a lot of weight which is not normally needed on the street. A nice slightly lifted and softer spring set would make these trucks ride so much better.

papakb

Personally I think your wasting your money but that's not for me to say. Preload the back end with a couple hundred pounds of sandbags and things will smooth out.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally I think your wasting your money but that's not for me to say. Preload the back end with a couple hundred pounds of sandbags and things will smooth out.
Full beer kegs seem like a better use of space.

papakb

I agree 100% with this solution! Wish I'd thought of it myself. Pushing the thought you might be able to pick up a couple of TOW missile spare round brackets and mount the kegs in them......................