• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv reliability

blutow

IMH & uneducated opinion, the biggest challenge & the weakest links in the performance arena is the differentials and geared hubs.
I'm far from an expert as well, but I think both of those would be pretty far down the list on reliability issues. Maybe the hubs since they can leak and particularly if you including the "stigma" of the spindle nut when not serviced properly. I think the differentials are pretty solid.

If I had to speculate on "weakest links" based on screwing with my own truck and reseaching, I think the entire electrical system would be up there. Some of that is just old vehicles having issues, but it seems like people have a lot of problems pointing back to the electrical system (and particularly the unnecessarily complex start box). Suspension/steering components and half shafts seem to be another weak area, but I think that also depends on year and whether folks are running oversized tires, how hard they use it, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks