• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Rock Sliders/ Rocker protection

BLK HMMWV

Thanks Lionel for finding out. I may try to fab something similar and tie in under floor protection with them.

Action you wouldn't happen to know what the brackets look like that mount them would you?
They look like a hat channel with 3 captive nuts in them. you can get them through the Hummer parts guy.
I believe they were $60-$80 a piece.
There different sizes.
86 humv here on this board might be able to tell you the part # of the brackets.
He might also have some jack rails similar to the MSG ones for sale.
Speaking of the devil

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can get more made...same as the 2/3rd length ones below, or full length ones below.
$ 400, and $ 500 a set plus shipping...steel, no holes drilled.
DSC_00019.jpg
DSC_000553.JPG

Jnicks805

I wonder what shipping to Ventura CA would run, where are you located? I love rock crawling, but have kept to my jeep as I dont want to smash up my new toy without any protection.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder what shipping to Ventura CA would run, where are you located? I love rock crawling, but have kept to my jeep as I dont want to smash up my new toy without any protection.
88 miles ,antelope valley.

Dock Rocker

You can find factory H1 skid plates and rocker protection for that price.
It’s considerably cheaper if you look on some of the Facebook groups. It the same product from the same guy. I believe you can get them from Damage Control Customs for less than $600 plus shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLK HMMWV

I'm guessing they just do the rocker panel. ? The factory H1 rails also protected the floor boards under the seats as they protruded under the truck to the frame rail as well as up into the front wheel well a little ways.
Curious if the ones from Amazon come with any kind of backing plates or is it basically just the aluminum body sandwiched between a washer.

Dock Rocker

I'm guessing they just do the rocker panel. ? The factory H1 rails also protected the floor boards under the seats as they protruded under the truck to the frame rail as well as up into the front wheel well a little ways.
Curious if the ones from Amazon come with any kind of backing plates or is it basically just the aluminum body sandwiched between a washer.
There are a few install videos on YouTube if them.

tage

It’s considerably cheaper if you look on some of the Facebook groups. It the same product from the same guy. I believe you can get them from Damage Control Customs for less than $600 plus shipping.

Facebook groups :carnac:

actually always amazed me at how much people will spend for some mig welded mild steel...

I'm a pure DIY, but I guess innovation v. cash are two very opposite categories.

Dock Rocker

Facebook groups :carnac:

actually always amazed me at how much people will spend for some mig welded mild steel...

I'm a pure DIY, but I guess innovation v. cash are two very opposite categories.
I have a welder and access to plenty of steel, but it’s worth $600 for me to spend the weekend with my 2 year old daughter. It’s a win for everyone.

Post up a picture of your rocker guards. I would like to see another design.

BLK HMMWV

DR I checked out one of the install videos I found under Damage Control Customs.
Those look good. I wanted the studs to also attach the side steps and ammo cans . Was afraid that the added weight of people standing on steps would eventually take it's toll on the aluminum with just a washer inside so I added some internal backing plates used with the 1114 armor. mine was a bit overkill probably but figured it would also beef up the lower body section for side impact.
Awesome you got to spend some time with your daughter. soon she will think it's her truck.
BH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks