• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Rock Sliders/ Rocker protection

Dock Rocker

DR
Awesome you got to spend some time with your daughter. soon she will think it's her truck.
BH
A hmmwv is the perfect date vehicle. It’s hard to even hold hands in one!

I would probably run a long plate or at least a large-ish backing plate to spread the load out some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some 1/4" steel ones available...you drill.
Backing plates recommended.
Grade 8 bolts would be best .
DSC_000553.JPG
DSC_000552.JPG

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's all try using the classifieds to sell.

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this happened trail riding, I was close to a tree going over the roots really slow, I did not notice the drop, and the bottom fell out. I have a replacement fender, but I will be buying or building a set of rock sliders.

mdes0

I'm looking for slider options for the same reason. Damaged my passenger rocker and driver's floor wheeln trails in NH last season. Probably wouldn't have happened if I had the 2" body lift and 39.5 IROKs I just finished installing this weekend.

kestrelnh

I'm looking for slider options for the same reason. Damaged my passenger rocker and driver's floor wheeln trails in NH last season. Probably wouldn't have happened if I had the 2" body lift and 39.5 IROKs I just finished installing this weekend.
Just got my first good rocker ding this past weekend on trails over in VT. The trail went down a brook with some good size rocks, and I probably should have gotten spotted through, but hindsight is 20/20. My friend following me with a ex-military '87 Mercedes g-wagon made it through fine, the skinny sod. Those old g-wagons are really capable trucks on the trails we have here, but make the m998 look fast on road by comparison :) A small sledge put things pretty much back together, but I took it as a warning. Looking at buying or building a set of sliders. If I'm going to play on northern New England jeep-width trails with a slab-sided 7' wide truck, I'm either going to get used to a lot of dings, or get some rock armor on it.

Carrera911

I made mine from 1/4 inch 3x4 angle iron and 2 inch DOM tubing. I also deal with a lot of narrow trails and the side bars really do help. Trying to squeeze through a trail once I banged the front corner of them into a tree. Took a solid couple inch chunk out of the tree. I would hate to know what it could’ve done to the mirror assembly, hood and side of the truck.

By the way, the ones on amazon are only 3/16 thick with no side protection so they probably wouldn’t be much help in brushing up against trees. Maybe if coming down on rocks but once again they’re 3/16.

diluted

I made mine from 1/4 inch 3x4 angle iron and 2 inch DOM tubing. I also deal with a lot of narrow trails and the side bars really do help. Trying to squeeze through a trail once I banged the front corner of them into a tree. Took a solid couple inch chunk out of the tree. I would hate to know what it could’ve done to the mirror assembly, hood and side of the truck.

By the way, the ones on amazon are only 3/16 thick with no side protection so they probably wouldn’t be much help in brushing up against trees. Maybe if coming down on rocks but once again they’re 3/16.

Those are nice I'd buy a pair

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rail 1.jpgRail 2.jpgRail 3.jpg
They do protect well, see the previous picture in this thread of damage that was caused without the rails

ikoinu

Just installed some today from jeremy51307 on the bay. Was $465 shipped, now going for $500 even. Can't argue with that price.

Installed fine, I painted them beforehand to match the body. We'll see how they hold up.

20190412_224709.jpg

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just installed some today from jeremy51307 on the bay. Was $465 shipped, now going for $500 even. Can't argue with that price.

Installed fine, I painted them beforehand to match the body. We'll see how they hold up.

View attachment 760897
If anyone is interested, I will have 4 sets of Jeremy's sliders to sell for him at the Denton NC Rally the end of this month. Also a couple sets of belly skid plates. He can't make the rally so I'll have them there for him.

springer1981

thats just 3"x1/4" angle iron super easy and cheep to make
Initially I thought the same thing, then I went and actually learned about the product and checked them out more closely. It's not angle iron afaik. Angle iron is actually pretty flimsy and easily bent. As I understand it the material used it much stronger.

Is there are reason your first post is knocking this product? Please fill us in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks