• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV seat upgrade with M977 HEMTT 4-point or 5-point seats ?

TheGreatMidwest

I want to upgrade the safety and comfort of my 1994 M998A1 HMMWV with some better high back seats. Especially because I plan on doing a lot of driving with my 11 and 13 year olds in the back seats. :razz: I found a deal on two different models of seats that come out of the M977 HEMTT cargo carrier. Has anyone ever tried installing these in a HMMWV before? I'd love to hear from anyone that has.. and any pitfalls or mods you made. Thank you!

Dock Rocker

From my reading around different forums the top picture is a Cobra brand seat and it is to wide to fit in the HMMWV. They are nice seats though.

TheGreatMidwest

From my reading around different forums the top picture is a Cobra brand seat and it is to wide to fit in the HMMWV. They are nice seats though.
Yes, it's really the cadillac seat from all appearances, what a shame it won't fit the HMMWV, anyone have knowledge of the second seat pic that I posted, the 4-point seat in green?

Was wondering the same thing about the 5pt seat. I've been looking at aftermarket seats to try and find one to fit. Did you ever try either of these?

TheGreatMidwest

I didn't get a chance to try either one. A lot of them came and went at GL, by time I decided what I was going to buy there were no more available, I began searching for manufacturers of aftermarket seats and found tons of options if I buy new seats. Some are probably more affordable than buying at auction. Still looking into it, will be my Spring 2017 project :)

Tornadogt

If it comes up again, I have a set of the 4-point style in my M977. I can take whatever measurements you need... I would also be interested in a few sets if they fit in a HMMWV (I have one waiting for EUC to clear)
the 4-Point seats are pretty comfortable for a military seat and air ride in the HEMMT.