• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Seats?

davidkroberts

ive ridden in a ton of them, no they arent comfortable at all..... i dont think so anyway.

were you talking about the highback or low back seat.

Both are equally awful IMHO, you sit too straight up.

They will go in easy enough just need to fab some simple brackets

davidkroberts

its a military seat so No, but it is possible to loosen the top of the two bolts holding the seat back up and reposition the seat but we have never been able to get it where it was close to comfortable. If you can get an MRAP seat they seem to be more comfortable. I used a Mastercraft MRAP seat i got off ebay and had good luck mounting it in a M818 I have. Its as comfortable as an easy chair.

Your better off getting a civi seat and if you get a bucket seat out of an S-10 you can use the original brackets im told (never done it myself) if you have a m1009. If you have a truck you have all kinds of options.

Hanns

When I was in the Army we would pull CUCV seats from the cannibalization point and put them in HMMWVs because the seats were more comfortable. HMMWV seats are terrible. Go junk yard shopping and find some out of a import car, I'm sure you can find something comfortable and cheap that with drilling a hole or two will fit just fine.

Barrman

I have a set in my M715. Great improvement over stock M715. Rotten compared to stock M1009.

M1009 and S10 trucks from that time period were the same. So were the fancy Suburban seats with recline and inside arm rest. Bolt right in.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well my 2 cents are the HMMWV seats are comfortable to me. Much better that a stock M35A2 seat. I'm talking about the high backs.

Red_506

If you go with a high back they aren't too bad. I personally don't like the way the seats lean back in my 1009; I tend to not "gangsta lean" when I drive. Although I agree with the general consensus, get some adjustable after market or S10 seats.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well a m1008 will have a bench seat. The M1009 has those awful 80's GM vinyl buckets. I prefer the HMMWV seat. As far as putting S-10 or toyota or whatever seat in a mil-veh that is something I would never do

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks