• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv serial # / year of manufacture list

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How heck did they get approval for import wow I’m screwed big time
What happens sometimes in certain states it that the DMV insists on 17 digit VINs so they make up something like what is on your title and send the applicant away with that number. You can get a new blank data plate and stamp the title VIN on it for your inspection. Then later on put the original back.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So their are no other identifiers on any part of humvee. Can’t anyone just swap out the Rivited plates?
Nope. You have the correct factory VIN already. Sure if you have a rivet gun you can play all kinds of games. Not exactly legal.

AAVP7

Humvees have a "body no." stamped on the outside A-pillar right below the windshield on the driver´s side. BUT that body no. does NOT match the VIN, although it is close most of the time. Won´t help you with the registration issue, but will help a bit with validating the 0619. 0619 would fit a 1985 model, however.

Overhere, we need to have the VIN additionally stamped into our frames when importing. After I bought my first Humvee, I cleaned the frame rails from dirty underbody protection grease, only to notice that the importer had stamped the VIN just into the underbody protection goo, NOT into the frame metal. After my cleaning, the VIN was gone ! Which practically places you in prison overhere, there´s nothing more holy that the stamped VIN.

Since I am a good, law-abiding citizen, I tried the official way to re-obtain the stamped VIN, but that turned out to be a buerocratese nightmare involving at least five agencies and ministries, who all were unwilling to help (and that even before they noticed that we were talking about a dangerous-looking, gas-guzzling former military vehicle...).

Luckily, my importer could help and had the Humvee re-stamped. But still quite a hassle....

justconfidant

Humvees have a "body no." stamped on the outside A-pillar right below the windshield on the driver´s side. BUT that body no. does NOT match the VIN, although it is close most of the time. Won´t help you with the registration issue, but will help a bit with validating the 0619. 0619 would fit a 1985 model, however.

Overhere, we need to have the VIN additionally stamped into our frames when importing. After I bought my first Humvee, I cleaned the frame rails from dirty underbody protection grease, only to notice that the importer had stamped the VIN just into the underbody protection goo, NOT into the frame metal. After my cleaning, the VIN was gone ! Which practically places you in prison overhere, there´s nothing more holy that the stamped VIN.

Since I am a good, law-abiding citizen, I tried the official way to re-obtain the stamped VIN, but that turned out to be a buerocratese nightmare involving at least five agencies and ministries, who all were unwilling to help (and that even before they noticed that we were talking about a dangerous-looking, gas-guzzling former military vehicle...).

Luckily, my importer could help and had the Humvee re-stamped. But still quite a hassle....
Someone I met by chance knows a lot about US imports

turns out he knows the importer owner quite well and has long relationship with Daryl Mackintosh( Dazmac) that brought humvee in with just 00619 which He also wants to know how, he got it in without the correct Title or ID on vehicle. but also get that sorted for me. Can I trust him I’ve never dealt with this before. If I hand a copy of import approval & title (which whom I repurchased of the actual personal importer (Adrian) can anyone just fake documents & take ownership of my humvee. Cause it is literally here in Australia but not yet in anyone’s title except for Adrian Whom wrote me a Bill of sale.

how do I go about getting this all sorted the right way. Just seems very odd ( it good that he knows the importer & all, how we met was luck coincidentally. Just not sure about it all. We met cause I saw his Workshop so I popped in to ask about my Humvee

Attachments

Last edited:

MattNC

I have mine titled in NC (and I was the one who got it titled at the NC department of motor vehicles). I took a look at my title document and there is no connection between the VIN and title number. The VIN from the data plate was on the title document (only 6 digits on mine) but the title number seems to be some sort of randomly generated number.

justconfidant

I have mine titled in NC (and I was the one who got it titled at the NC department of motor vehicles). I took a look at my title document and there is no connection between the VIN and title number. The VIN from the data plate was on the title document (only 6 digits on mine) but the title number seems to be some sort of randomly generated number.
Matt Your VIN number is #6 digits long on the Title so it doesn’t have to be 17 digits?

justconfidant

Nope. You have the correct factory VIN already. Sure if you have a rivet gun you can play all kinds of games. Not exactly legal.
So the Data Plate is the only location of actual VIN nothing on Chassis rail no IDentifiers elsewhere I can locate or look for it. Are VINs normally stamped on the Right hand side of the Chassis (passenger side in US)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the Data Plate is the only location of actual VIN nothing on Chassis rail no IDentifiers elsewhere I can locate or look for it. Are VINs normally stamped on the Right hand side of the Chassis (passenger side in US)
You are correct. HMMWVs ONLY have the VIN (serial number) on the data plate. Other American vehicles have the VIN stamped in various other places.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In many states the registration process is "computerised" and demands a 17-digit VIN. Typically someone in the department has authority to do an "override", but some states will issue a special VIN, or add digits (zeroes or whatever) to make it longer. The system of 17-digit VINs is intended to make them unique. In registering HMMWVs I have had at least one case I recall where the 6-digit number was already in use for a trailer or something...

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Title number is essentially an additional serial number for that vehicle that is NC specific. It gets used during issue and renewal, it also changes if you go from a Lien to no-lein. No idea why NC does this.

Madball90

Misrepresenting HMMWV years of manufacture is very common in for sale ads by people who don't know better, and by some who do it intentionally.

I have one of the newest trucks out there, which is a 2005.
I bought one that is a 2004-2006. I found out the truck is actually from where I work and I was actually able to look at the maintenance records for it and I got the mileage as well.

Sprayss

01-2006......230xxx
01-2007......244xxx
09-2007......256xxx
02-2008......264xxx
11-2008......312xxx
11-2009......331xxx
From data plates I seen awile back

Is there any info on dates between the first post and these 2006 dates? I just won a GP M1097A2with a 210XXX date that I assume would be between these dates. Trying to be as accurate as possible on the BOS and SF97.

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of serial numbers...I have a 2000 M1123 with serial number 188452. What size serpentine belt do I need? Also need an IP pump. The PM info system sucks, so I stopped attempting to identify parts using it.

Attachments

visualg

I recently purchase a so-called "2008" M1123 from govplanet, but the VIN is 188XXX.. Based on the data above, that makes it a 1999, not a 2008. What's up with that? Is GOVplanet going based on the "Date of Delivery" stamped on the data plate?

Action

I recently purchase a so-called "2008" M1123 from govplanet, but the VIN is 188XXX.. Based on the data above, that makes it a 1999, not a 2008. What's up with that? Is GOVplanet going based on the "Date of Delivery" stamped on the data plate?
Yup. That is not the original date plate. They were given new plates when going to reset or “refresh” program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks