• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV shakes bad

ari

Hi new member and hmmwv owner here. when I drive the truck it shakes quite bad like I am going over rough bumps it mainly does it when accelerating and slowing down. all the tires are good and appear straight no strange noises from the drive train either any ideas?

hummer4x4guy

I added centrimatics to my rig and love them. It's an upgrade I'd recommend for any vehicle with large tires. You could have lost some wheel weights or it's not a tire issue possibly.

Robus1022

If the tires became flat and it sat, tires might have flat spots. The runflats and the change in load will have an effect on the camber, making alignment issues amplified. Re-reading your situation, sounds potentially like a bad differential. Almost like a bucking effect?

Last edited:

ari

driveshaft.jpgdriveshaft.jpgI noticed my rear drive shaft looks like this I am sure its not supposed to be like that. perhaps this is the reason the truck shakes what do you guys think?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bias tires are well know to shake a lot, like that.

UNIMOG-GUY

My M998 rode much better with radials. It was like a different truck! I don't think you can give away the old bias plys!
I disagree with that statement... I sold a set of 4 a couple of months ago to a local guy for $700 (I wanted $800 but let him talk me down to $700). I was super happy to get rid of them. They had 95% tread left. He was putting them on a jacked up Ford or Chevy.

olewhiskey

A lot of times the bias plys will get smoother the more you drive them and especially after warming up. That being said I agree the radials, balanced are like night and day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks