• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Soft Door Weather Seal

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got new door skins, and realized the weather seal on my doors is pretty damaged in spots. Started looking for new seals and so far I'm failing.

The weather seal for the soft doors in TM-9-230-280-24P (part 1), figure 316, is part #12.

Listed as:
21022103-150IN

So a bulk seal, 150in long. I'm not able to find this anywhere on line. MacMotors seems to indicate that 12340204 might be a replacement, and similarly I'm not finding it except at Eastern, but it's only 144" long.

Does anyone know if there is an alternative part or where I can get either 21022103 or 12340204 (assuming it'll fit).

A _VERY_ rough measurement of the door, 144" MIGHT fit, but I'd hate to buy new seals and find they're a couple inches short.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m finishing up cleaning up some soft doors I picked up and the seals are gone all together. After taking some measurements of the frames which are 1/2 thick, and while doing some looking I came across some weather stripping on McMaster-Carr that MIGHT work, and it comes in different lengths. I‘ll prolly be the guinea pig soon and report back.

Here’s the link

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think that will fit. The door frame needs to go in where the 'V' is in your photo. I have some weather stripping I got second hand (I've not yet tried it, but I believe it IS what is on the door OEM.). I'll try to get some pictures with a ruler for measurements.

Edit: re-looking at the master-carr, it MIGHT work. The one picture shows a V, the other show a U.. definitely need the U for the door frame bits.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
One of the reasons you can not find anything is the part number is wrong.

The number to use is: 21022103 Or: 12340204
The NSN is 5330-01-321-8622

The seal comes in a length of 150 inches, but you only need 144 for a door.

Here is a tip. When ever looking for something like this, a seal, chain, rope, glue, rubber gaskets, turn to the back of the Parts TM, 9-2330-280-24P. Look at the BULK section.

GROUP 95 GENERAL USE STANDARIZED
PARTS
9501 BULK MATERIAL

This section gives you all the info you need to order BULK items. And if you really look here for longer then 10 seconds, you will say, "CRAP! Look at all this good stuff!" So here is what is written for the seal.
53 PAOZZ 5330013218622 41024 21022103 SEAL,NONMETALLIC SP SPECIAL, EDPM V Wire carrier, 396 Foot long

53 is the item number, in the Bulk section
PAOZZ means it was a stocked part that can be ordered, and is a unit level replaceable item
5330-01-321-8622 is the NSN
41024 is the CAGEC, the code for the company that supplied it to the army. In this case, White Automotive Corp.
21022103 is the part number
SEAL,NONMETALLIC is the Proper name, or Nomenclature
Wire carrier means it has wire in it
396 Foot Long is how long a roll of it is.

So why dont you see if you can find it now?

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
5330-01-321-8622 is also unavailable except for NOS parts. I've found nowhere it can be ordered "new". The one I bought NOS had a chunk missing from it, which must have been how it ended up in the military surplus seller's inventory.

As for 21022103 I've looked and can't find it anywhere other then the above NSN which is old. If someone can find where to actually buy it, I'd consider the 396 foot roll, and then cut and sell it to folks here and on ebay.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the McMaster car link i posted, if you look to the right of the length selections there is a part number with a hyperlink, click on it and it will bring up a window. Look at the bottom of that window and there will be a link for product details. If you click that it will bring up an accurate CAD drawing of the product. Both of those are U shaped it’s just where the retention tab is that is different. The way I looked at it was to get the retention on the opposite side of where the rivet attaches on the frame so both sides are somewhat secure. Edit looking on how the rivets are installed on the seal it doesn’t matter which orientation you choose

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes. Only place I can find it is surplus locations. Buying is Euro and shipping to the US would make it pretty much not worth the cost.

I did finally order 2 from another US based surplus place. I'm hoping this one is not damaged.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And this one has the part number listed, 2102 2103

That one isn't the right one, unless that is a stock photo, it's not the right seal. Shape is wrong.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes. Only place I can find it is surplus locations. Buying is Euro and shipping to the US would make it pretty much not worth the cost.

I did finally order 2 from another US based surplus place. I'm hoping this one is not damaged.
You might be surprised, I have had some rather large and heavy radio equipment shipped over from the EU recently and it was not bad and it was fast!
If you can find a dealer with a Fleabay account the shipping is even cheaper through their system.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got new door skins, and realized the weather seal on my doors is pretty damaged in spots. Started looking for new seals and so far I'm failing.

The weather seal for the soft doors in TM-9-230-280-24P (part 1), figure 316, is part #12.

Listed as:
21022103-150IN

So a bulk seal, 150in long. I'm not able to find this anywhere on line. MacMotors seems to indicate that 12340204 might be a replacement, and similarly I'm not finding it except at Eastern, but it's only 144" long.

Does anyone know if there is an alternative part or where I can get either 21022103 or 12340204 (assuming it'll fit).

A _VERY_ rough measurement of the door, 144" MIGHT fit, but I'd hate to buy new seals and find they're a couple inches short.
I finally had time to replace the seals on one of my doors. The 144" seal I got NOS, had about the last 1.5" torn. LUCKILY even at 144", the seal is about 2 to 2.5" too long, so I was able to cut off the torn section, and now my door has a completely new seal. Took about 2 hours for me to (slowly) remove the old seal, locate and drill the holes in the new one, and then rivet it onto the frame. But the door looks great, and for the first time since buying the hmmwv it no longer flops around, but has a nice positive seal.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey good, I’m glad you got it all to work. I just got in that seal I linked from McMaster Carr it looks like it’s going to work well, might be a little tight when latched closed or it’ll seal very well but really don’t know yet as I haven’t even mounted the doors yet Here’s some pictures of it just pressed on for references. I’ll update when I get them finished.

Attachments

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Hey good, I’m glad you got it all to work. I just got in that seal I linked from McMaster Carr it looks like it’s going to work well, might be a little tight when latched closed or it’ll seal very well but really don’t know yet as I haven’t even mounted the doors yet Here’s some pictures of it just pressed on for references. I’ll update when I get them finished.
Dog Says "Hurry up and fix this thing. Wanta go for a ride"

WOOF woof, CAMO

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya, that looks like it should work well. The bit thicker seal might turn out to me just file. Remember you can always adjust the latch part on the HMMWV as well, this might be all you need.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the weatherstripping and doors installed. The seals are prolly a bit to large but they work. I’ve had to adjust the striker all the way out and then adjust the front hinges to make it work. Still got some more adjusting to do, but right now they seal very well, just a little hard to get latched. So in short it is a definite option for other people if need be , albeit a little expensive but what isn’t anymore. Here are few pictures.

Attachments

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please identify the exact gasket purchased and thank you!

Looks great!

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please identify the exact gasket purchased and thank you!

Looks great!
I used P/N 1120A46 from McMaster Carr, 25 ft will do two doors and left about 1.5-2 ft left over. It’s hyper linked in the #2 post of this thread also. the hyperlink will bring up two options I chose style C but the only difference is where the retainer tab for the seal Is. One has the retainer on the side the bulb is on and the other is well on the other side.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m finishing up cleaning up some soft doors I picked up and the seals are gone all together. After taking some measurements of the frames which are 1/2 thick, and while doing some looking I came across some weather stripping on McMaster-Carr that MIGHT work, and it comes in different lengths. I‘ll prolly be the guinea pig soon and report back.

Here’s the link
Awesome that you did this. Thanks! I will be making this repair ASAP. Great work and great post!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks