• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Starter

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
27D from heater sw. to CB-1....27C on CB-1 to H on PCB.
CB-2 has one side going to gauges [ 27D ], other side 27B to 29C to PCB "B" and 29B to 29A to start switch run.
Start switch momentary position 14A to neutral switch.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
27c comes off the run CB, into pin H on EESS. Branches off to starter control solenoid, lamp check, wait lamp, glow plug control, then goes out on pin F on engine harness to 5B, this ties into a bunch of other compenents but all go to generator, one of which is 568.
find and download the schematic...will need to be printed...

gcbennet

Power problem finally solved. I traced the open circuit to cable 81A which is the pos cable coming from the starter to the S3 connector in the engine compartment. Turns out 81A was actually corroded inside the cannon plug itself. Following the wiring diagram I was chasing the power with my multi meter through pin E of the cannon plug but it was giving me 24.7v as it should, which was throwing me off. If I went past that point I had no power so I kept going back to that point. Then by chance I moved the wire bundle with the lead still in and noticed at the corner of my eye that the numbers were fluctuating. Holding the disconnected cannon plug up to test it was giving me power. When I bent it down to re-connect it again the circuit would open. I disconnected the neg battery cable and then gave 81A a tug which produced an ugly, corroded stump popping out of the cannon plug. I'm assuming the age cracking in the rubber allowed moisture to get in there and cause the corrosion over an extended period of time.

Attachments

2w091

Does NSN 2920011687891 starter work on/with the 6.5L
I'm having a hard time finding it in the TM's I have, any help would be appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks