• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hmmwv tow bar

2deuce

Does anyone have one of these mounted on your HMMWV and could give a few pics on how it attaches? Can you use it with the folding grille guard?

Thanks

Lawdog734

Which one? There's the old school medium tow bar and then there are the lightweight Ibis Tek ones, which I believe have 2 different types mounting.

I've got an Ibis Tek version but I won't be able to get any pics until this weekend.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The other solution is to use the 3/4 feet from the oshkosh square tube tow bar with the tan aluminum biscuits as that is how I think it packaged as a "kit"

I have a set of those feet with all the pins. PM if interested. MWMULES was selling the biscuits very reasonable. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?155353-Ibis-Tek-Tow-bar-biscuits-adapters

The picture previously is of the medium round tow bar feet. Not sure if the foot has been modified/bushing as i thought it was a different diameter.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The other solution is to use the 3/4 feet from the oshkosh square tube tow bar with the tan aluminum biscuits as that is how I think it packaged as a "kit"

I have a set of those feet with all the pins. PM if interested. MWMULES was selling the biscuits very reasonable.

The picture previously is of the medium round tow bar feet. Not sure if the foot has been modified/bushing as i thought it was a different diameter.
Anyone have a picture of how the biscuits are used?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have a picture of how the biscuits are used?
The small pointy hole of the biscuit goes into the black 44lb tow bar. It uses the pin from the tow bar. The foot Y with the wide 1-1/2 pin is on the other side of the flat biscuit. ( pic below the bigger pin is sideways and you don't see the opening). The smaller side of the foot is 3/4 and attaches to the mount on the HMMWV

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Informative thread even for those who are sans HMWWV. My question from the outside looking in, are the HMMWV tow shackle anchors available? They look somehwat useful on another project I have.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Do you have a picture of the feet on the tow bar?
Just want to make sure I do it right.
No biscuits or grinding needed if you have the tow bar you pictured in post #11 , then you do not have to do anything as long as you have the 3/4' feet shown in #3 as they will fit that tow bar without grinding. Grinding of the feet or using biscuits is only needed when using the big Black Ibis Tek 44,000lb Medium_Tow_Bar.jpgtow bar with the older Green 3/4" or 1" pin feet.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks