• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV transmission engagement delay

Shbennett1985

Good Morning Friends 😁
Hoping someone could share their experience on the following.
2000 M1123
1. Changed transmission filter and fluid when I got it home from Albany. All good for 1,000 miles. Recently it has developed a 1.5 second engagement delay after 60 seconds of running. This is a delay from Park-Drive-Reverse. No delay when it is first started. Sifts fine and no slippage once engaged. Could this be a fluid pick up issue? Wondering if some contaminates have blocked the filter again?

2. Also have DTC 73 Pressure control solenoid circuit error. Not sure if the two are related.

Anyone have experience with either? Thank you!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no experience with this transmission but it certainly sounds like they could be related, would not be a good idea to drive it anymore until you get it sorted out, driving with what sounds like low fluid pressure can lead to an early grave for the 4L

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the filter O-ring seat properly? If the O-ring was damaged it will cause all kinds of fluid issues.

Mark

Shbennett1985

***Findings Update: Pulled the pan today, and to my surprise, found the problem almost instantly. The electrical connector to pressure control solenoid was disconnected. It was likely hit and moved when I reinstalled the transmission pan. It is a very tight fit to get the pan on around the exhaust and I could see this happening to others too. After reconnecting the transmission is operating properly! Also installed new filter and oring. Thank you all for your help!