• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Turbo Kit 6.5 or .62

MattNC

I also was wondering about first hand experience people might have. One reply in another thread suggested it was a good kit other than the exhaust routing which may be updated now. I wish they had some videos or more details. I wonder also if the heads would need to be studded for this kit.

I’m interested as I have a pretty strong rebuilt engine that is also the devil I know. A pulled out turbo drivetrain is a question mark on condition until you get it unless you pay a lot more for a rebuilt one. You also need to deal with the harnesses and other issues if I understand it correct.

Action

If you are going to pay $5,000 for a turbo kit, why not just buy a turbo truck to begin with?
FYI...tax isn't shown on the image above.

TDButler

I support this idea. Looking over the kit, the price is pretty consistent with the cost of putting a turbo on something that doesn’t have one. Also, love the idea of mechanical-no electrical work and that there is no modification needed. I may also have to go this route