• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV VIN Numbers

Alfredo

Hi guys! I'm kind of new here and need some help. I just purchase a 1990 am general M998 with the helmet top and I'm trying to register the vehicle but I can't seem to find the 2nd vehicle ID number or Serial number on the chassis. I did find the plate on the b pillar with the serial number but can't find it anywhere else and I need that to not have to go to CHP. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys! I'm kind of new here and need some help. I just purchase a 1990 am general M998 with the helmet top and I'm trying to register the vehicle but I can't seem to find the 2nd vehicle ID number or Serial number on the chassis. I did find the plate on the b pillar with the serial number but can't find it anywhere else and I need that to not have to go to CHP. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Where did you buy said HMMWV? If it came from GovPlanet, they can't be registered legally for on-road use and we don't allow discussions on how to do it illegally.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Well they do surplus out the HMMWV's just not up armored so I would be curious as well to how you acquired it from DIX. Which Agency?

greenjeepster

Well they do surplus out the HMMWV's just not up armored so I would be curious as well to how you acquired it from DIX. Which Agency?
OP was a police dept which obtained it through re-utilization. By "Gov Agency" he meant himself not that he got it through one. Up until the last several months they could get armor, but the program has been shut down due to the recent "Police events" in MO, Baltimore etc.

JH Cosca

I am new to the site so pardon me if I am in the wrong spot. I have a serial #064113 on a M-998 Humvee can anyone tell me when the Humvee was built.

Tornadogt

Where did you buy said HMMWV? If it came from GovPlanet, they can't be registered legally for on-road use and we don't allow discussions on how to do it illegally.
Please don't take this personally m16ty. MOD's is the policy about Titling HMMWV's to not discuss it???? No advice should be given on how things are Legal or Illegal???? TO All the Keyboard Lawyers here, you have NO IDEA what is legal or what is illegal in any specific state or what their D.O.T. regulations require to make any vehicle legal for off-road or street use.... DO not discuss means just that. I am getting tired of the mods letting one side of this discussion to be posted with no intervention. IT is just as equally incorrect to say it is Illegal to title for street use as it is to say it is Legal to title for street use. Both are wrong and Both are correct dependent on your Local (State) laws and provisions.... DO NOT Discuss should mean just that.

JH Cosca

New Humvee SN: 064113
Registration number: NG36QD
NSN: 2320011077155
Bumper Nos: Left Front, 365th H08, Right Front 207th
Gov Planet: Fort Polk Depot, Deridder, LA
M-998 Cargo/Troop Carrier
Many Thanks bikeman

krazyk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you guys talking about the six digit serial number on this plate? Its hard to see, even harder to photograph.
data.plate.jpg

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
serial number equates to the VIN.

The registration number is what some folks call a hood number. There isn't really a direct civilian equivalent except maybe the administrative number on your title.

Screwface

serial number equates to the VIN.

The registration number is what some folks call a hood number. There isn't really a direct civilian equivalent except maybe the administrative number on your title.
Looking at your SN it doesn't line up with the date of delivery on your data plate, is that the original?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks