• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Weatherstripping to Seal Hard Doors

GMVguy

I had to cut off the old beat-up weatherstripping on my hard doors and am looking for alternatives. The OEM seal wasn't thick enough to form a good seal around all the corners. Has anyone found a good aftermarket alternative? Seems like a 1" wide, thick seal with heavy-duty doublestick tape would work well...

Action

If you make the seal too thick, is there a chance of cracking the doors? The latch will hold the middle in place, but the seal would push the bottom and top out further?

GMVguy

If you make the seal too thick, is there a chance of cracking the doors? The latch will hold the middle in place, but the seal would push the bottom and top out further?
I'm hoping that if it is soft enough, and compresses well, it'll at least close the air gaps.

Dark Night

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Honestly, the kit looks like nothing more than weatherstripping that you can buy at Lowe's or HD, some clear silicone sealant and a caulking gun... Not really something high-tech enough that you couldn't just stop by the home center and load up. That's what I did...

GMVguy

Honestly, the kit looks like nothing more than weatherstripping that you can buy at Lowe's or HD, some clear silicone sealant and a caulking gun... Not really something high-tech enough that you couldn't just stop by the home center and load up. That's what I did...
Possibly, but if the price is right it's good to stay mil spec.

NormB

Night of the living dead thread resurrection...

How many of these kits does it take to seal all four doors?

I‘m finding the rolls of foam, an occasional kit. This seems like it might be a better way to go than the OEM weatherstripping to cut out wind noise and/or reduce water intrusion.

Thanks anyone.

Norm

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Are the original OEM door gaskets available? Looks to be front doors have a different left and right side. Rears are the same. I would be up for a set for all doors. CAM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks