• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV wheels on LSSV

M1075

I didn't like the 245 tires that were original issue on the LSSV so I decided to try some HMMWV wheels and 33x12.50 tires instead. I used 1/2" spacers on the front and the front tires will rub (slightly) on the upper control arms (at full lock). I think it looks a little more proportional now. What do you think?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362271167.908026.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362271180.201700.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362271191.168722.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362271199.285109.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362271214.585225.jpg

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
looks much better, much more like it should. Maybe paint them green to match the originals more?

M920

Looks a lot better James!!! Good choice on the wheels....and I actually like the black wheels.....makes it look "tougher"! 8)

Vintage iron

I didn't realize that the HMMWV wheel would fit so easy?! truck looks much better! I have a ton of these HMMWV rims and I can't give them away!

M1075

Thanks for the input on color. I have always liked black wheels, but I'm going to put some thought into 383 green. I have a few mods/accessories coming that will be black, so I'll wait and see how it all looks together.

I have used 2" bolt-on spacers in the past on M1008s to run HMMWV wheels and tires, but these newer model trucks must have a wider WMS to WMS. Only 1/4" slip on spacer needed to eliminate wheel rubbing and 1/2" slip-on spacer needed to eliminate virtually all tire rubbing (on a 33x12.5 anyway). There is no lift on this truck other than the keys being turned up to level it out. IMHO the tires look good tucked in the wheel wells.

UNIMOG-GUY

I didn't realize that the HMMWV wheel would fit so easy?! truck looks much better! I have a ton of these HMMWV rims and I can't give them away!
So are you offering to give them away for free? If so I'll take 5- 12 bolt shipped to 24060 and yes I'll pay shipping. PM me with the shipping cost.

Vintage iron

My comment wasn't meant to high jack the thread. Yes, I do have HMMWV listed in the classifieds. Please, pm me or post question there!

Very cool truck! Was the interior beat up much?

M1075

The interior is really clean. This LSSV never made it to Government hands. It was originally sold for civilian use straight from a dealership.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks