• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Wisconsin to Texas

jeffy777

I just bought a 998 and need a few recommendations on shippers. Who do you guys use?
Thx
Ok, this is actually best responded to by distance. If you are near where your HMMWV is I would get a flat bed tow truck to do it. It is easy and not very expensive. (obviously a friend with a truck and flat-bed trailer is cheaper... and a friend who is a female super model who has a truck and flat-bed trailer is sexier and cheaper... I could dream up situations all day...hmmm)

So if it is a great distance away (200+miles) the shippers on GP are not bad for that.

If it is a medium distance away (100-200 mile) I would rent a truck and trailer or make some friends(super models are preferred but... Truck and flat-bed need to be part of the requirements but if you gain some hot looking friends along the way...[price of doing business]).

All in my humble opinion(IMHO).

Jeffy

nspctr1

The truck is in Wisconsin and Im in Texas, a little too far to make it cost prohibitive to haul by myself. I calculated 4 days RT, hotel, meals and fuel will run me about $500. 2 days off of work will run me a small chunk also so that said, I can have it hauled for $900. Wanted to see what else was available and who you recommend. I don't have any pics I can upload at the moment but its a 2 door setup M998. Good thing is, its already licensed in WI so shouldn't be a issue to have it transferred to TX.... I'll check transport section

Thx

PS
if super model or smoking' hot chic was a viable option, I'd take the heat and haul it myself... lol

nspctr1

Turns out that the brokers that take your info and give you a quote for shipping do not honor that quote. The rates raised anywhere from 250 - $400 to haul it here to Texas. Looks like in heading north.

ALSO,
I will post up a few pics when I get it.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turns out that the brokers that take your info and give you a quote for shipping do not honor that quote. The rates raised anywhere from 250 - $400 to haul it here to Texas. Looks like in heading north.

ALSO,
I will post up a few pics when I get it.
I will never use a broker again, the last one I used lied through there teeth at every turn, was the absolute worst company I ever dealt with, I now only use private carriers direct, they have more skin in the game and aren't being screwed and lied to by the same broker...there is not enough bandwidth to explain the entire story, suffice to say, stay away from brokers.

79f250guy

four corners transport was good to me very good broker. Uship is such a scam. Pug express out of loredo tx hauled a truck from damon tx to ny for me. Had a very good experience with both parties and would deal with again Uship I would never use. To many scam artists

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
U ship is a joke.

tomelroy

i had a broker on u ship demand i pay with a wire transfer after the bid said they accepted credit cards! I said sorry and he had to take my card. After a million lies the vehicle finally arrived....6 months later one of the shippers contacted me and told me the broker never paid him....only thing i could do is give a nasty review on uship. DONT USE A BROKER!

Wire Fox

To the contrary, I used UShip once and had a good experience, but it was a bicycle coming up out of Florida up to Indiana. The guy that accepted our bid was just some joe with a box truck and took every bid he could get along the way to places he was already travelling to, so we got a good deal direct from a little guy. I can see how trashy it would be if you needed any big things moved or things moved on a strict timeframe.

nspctr1

I hear ya. I still get calls, emails etc from brokers saying they can haul it for 6-800 dollars, want you to sign a contract with them and cannot guarantee a price. ha. Who did you end up using?

sully199

There is a national web site all these vehicle haulers belong to and get leads from, so EVERY BROKER uses it to post jobs and then wait for drivers to respond to their shipment. I just bought another hummer H1 in MAss, needed it hauled to Ft Lauderdale. I figured I would pay 1000-1400 for it, including the broker fee. Had brokers telling me i could get it hauled for $700. I knew it was BS. Never pay a broker up front until they can get it scheduled. Ended up costing me $1200 including broker fees. Every time i have had a car moved you pay the broker on my cc, and the driver with cash. It makes it a problem trying to get a hmmwv picked up, because a lot of these drivers are Eastern Europeans, and cant get on base, to pick up hmmwv. in the last year i have shipped 6 hmmwvs and hummer H1's. NC and Ohio, cost me $650, front end collision HUMMER H1 from NJ on a wrecker $1200. Got screwed getting one from AL, $800, because the yard was only open 4 hours 2 days a week. all of these were to Ft Lauderdale. Hope this gives you an idea, of costs.

ke5eua

Do NOT use uship. I did it one time. They are crooks and liars. Starving good honest hardworking people to death. Never again.
Bold statement for a site that is the middle man in the mix.

Granted I didn't enjoy being a carrier on uship but I won't bash the entire site for it.

Uship has its flaws, you as the consumer need to work to ensure you're getting what you want.

Personally I would suggest use the shipping site iron planet uses. When I signed up for them I was required to send in all my dot paperwork, and proper insurance before they would list me as a shipper on the site.

When I was a carrier on uship I was loosing good bids to people that would underbid. Those people didn't have the proper insurance or dot requirements. Granted uship uses the safer watch system to tell you the consumer if the carrier is legal or not it's not perfect. You type your dot info in and it verifies you. Iron planet actually hand verifies all its carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks