• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV's at FT Dix New Jersey, Be cautious will cost you more to get it

ArizonaGasMonkey

Recently picked up 4 HMMWV's from Ft. Dix, GP said they would assist loading and when my driver showed up the HMWV's were moved to another location. After visiting that other location it was discovered they were moved to a storage yard that is a Towing company. They charge $250.00 each to load out.
I was also never notified about the EUC's being cleared and when I complained to GP I was told that they could have charged me storage. The irony of the situation is that I don't have time to sit by a phone and call GP everyday asking for an update. You would think that all the money spent with these folks they would give you the courtesy of letting you know your vehicles are clear to pick up.

I am just wanting to share be cautious with this site, and possible scam by the towing yard. GP has told me that there should be no charges for loading, that was an agreement with the towing company. So $1000.00 to load out 4 HMMWV's wow.

Just sharing my thought of the day.

goldneagle

Recently picked up 4 HMMWV's from Ft. Dix, GP said they would assist loading and when my driver showed up the HMWV's were moved to another location. After visiting that other location it was discovered they were moved to a storage yard that is a Towing company. They charge $250.00 each to load out.
I was also never notified about the EUC's being cleared and when I complained to GP I was told that they could have charged me storage. The irony of the situation is that I don't have time to sit by a phone and call GP everyday asking for an update. You would think that all the money spent with these folks they would give you the courtesy of letting you know your vehicles are clear to pick up.

I am just wanting to share be cautious with this site, and possible scam by the towing yard. GP has told me that there should be no charges for loading, that was an agreement with the towing company. So $1000.00 to load out 4 HMMWV's wow.

Did you get a receipt for the loading charges? I would contact jade about getting a refund for the loading expenses. GP should force the tow company to refund your fees.

I had a similar situation with not being notified that the EUC cleared. I just happened to check the status on their web site and saw it had cleared. I was unable to print out the release form even though I had paid it in full and the EUC was cleared. Had to contact them to get the release sent to me. Was told it was a glitch in the system. Sounds like they got a few glitches in their system.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also was never notified of the EUC clearing, and figured it out by accident. I was not charged storage, but this is dependent on the location I think, and so I was fortunate.
The issue of a towing company pulling it somewhere else and then charging sure sounds like BS. I hope you do push GP to refund it.
I wonder if others had trouble with the EUC, maybe this is an ongoing problem? I never heard back from GP when I complained about not being notified...
Bulldogger

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was a problem when I bought a truck...just outta the blue I checked my acct and found it was ready for pickup.
It shouldn't take an act of congress to get a programmer to set up a way to get notified when a critical event occurs.
its funny, GP does a lot of stuff right....but the stuff that really NEEDS to be done right, they can't seem to get it done.
I know they have got to be at the mercy of a lot of the yards they have contracted too...deals they have gotten into only to find the yard starts do slim shady crap...

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was a problem when I bought a truck...just outta the blue I checked my acct and found it was ready for pickup.
It shouldn't take an act of congress to get a programmer to set up a way to get notified when a critical event occurs.
its funny, GP does a lot of stuff right....but the stuff that really NEEDS to be done right, they can't seem to get it done.
I know they have got to be at the mercy of a lot of the yards they have contracted too...deals they have gotten into only to find the yard starts do slim shady crap...
True.... they sure have no problem accepting your bid or getting a wire transfer........That's something they really need to work on, notifying customers of their status in all changes. I only learned to check my status everyday from this site.

Stein12501

I picked my M998 up in New Jersey. I believe it came from Fort Dix. I had to pick it up from Flynn's Towing and it was not running and parked in the back of the lot. They had to move a bunch of equipment and then tow it out of the lot. Once out of the lot it was up to me to load it. They did not charge me anything although I thought they might. I was just glad nothing got torn up during the move.

HASSON1911

I too was charged with fees from a towing company that moved my M977 to their lot out of Ft. Worth, I was more than just surprised when I received a call from my trucker saying they were holding my truck hostage until appropriate fee's were paid. I ended up paying the fee's and as soon as my trucker was driving north I was on the horn with Iron planet. Long story short it sounded like Iron planet was paying this company to hold vehicles till EUC's cleared, then when people came to pick them up they would hit them with storage fee's scam.

Side note the Tow/Storage company wanted to load the truck onto my guy's trailer with 3 flat's, lucky he had the wits to yell at them not to touch the truck until they had those tires aired up to the appropriate pressure and not "just enough". I will always recommend that trucking company and always steer people away from that tow company.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor

Can you PM me your item numbers, I was in NJ this week looking at our storage partner up there. I would like to get to the bottom of this.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Sounds like some towing companies are tying to pull a fast one.....

Wouldn't be the first time and not likely the last. Its really hard for us to police it so when it happens I rely on the buyers to inform me so I can investigate. There are certain storage partners that will charge for anything over a basic loadout but that should be communicated well in advance so there is no surprises.

gem1410

Wouldn't be the first time and not likely the last. Its really hard for us to police it so when it happens I rely on the buyers to inform me so I can investigate. There are certain storage partners that will charge for anything over a basic loadout but that should be communicated well in advance so there is no surprises.
Hi--did you find out the reason for the charge at Bruce's storage yard--

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks