• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWVs have CTIS anymore?

Augdog1964

Hey all,

When you guys are "winning" your HMMWVs, are any coming with active CTIS?

All i've seen or been personally inspecting, have all had the CTIS disabled, or even gone.

My new HMMWV doesn't even have the system, and its a '12 Maine rebuild I bought in '16.

Thanks in advance!

Wire Fox

Actually, most HMMWV never had CTIS installed, period. This was something that I didn't know when I first started shopping for HMMWVs, but came to learn pretty quickly. It was primarily something you found on Hummer H1s, but a select few HMMWVs may have had CTIS installed if a commander had a special requirement for it. Most likely, the most "CTIS-Ready" you'll find any military HMMWV would be a late model already have the appropriate spindles installed to facilitate a CTIS installation.

Wire Fox

Interesting... my 1987 has everything there, even the wheel fittings, but no controller or lines...
That seems to raise it as a more valid question then. I'll scour over mine to see if I had any fittings since I haven't really looked over my hubs yet. My rebuild method has basically been starting at the core and working my way out until I've done every bit of PMCS to know I can drive it. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that my HMMWV was drilled for every single optional add-on that ever existed except armor. Seriously, four antenna bracket locations, radio rack holes front and rear, extra holes in the tail gate, roof rack assembly fittings, fender drilled out for an aux fuel fillers, oddball brackets on the windshield frame, holes all over the A and B pillar inside... There's also an extra two hard fuel lines that are running off of my fuel tank that I can't ID yet that are capped off near the transmission oil cooler lines. Probably more that I haven't yet noticed or forgot.

Needless to say, I didn't have an active CTIS system in my HMMWV, but I will check it for any bracket holes, appropriate hub fittings, or capped hoses and report back as soon as I have the chance.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ctis capable spindles weren't standard till much later...it was as far as I know, not standard on any Hmmwv I've ever seen, just the H1's. Doesn't mean they aren't out there...but never in 25yrs around Hmmwv's both in the military and civ have I seen one. I also see nothing in the TM's.

dilvoy

There must be some, because there were those different dash boards that had provisions for the two air gauges, switch and the repositioned air restriction gauge bracket. Special forces vehicle or something like that with no windshield glass and all that stuff. Also has a green LED in the dash that has CTIS engraved on it.

Last edited:

Wire Fox

Yup, scoured my HMMWV last night and had no signs of CTIS. It was fun to look for and it helped me spot out a couple of possible leaks, so that was good and productive for me.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There must be some, because there were those different dash boards that had provisions for the two air gauges, switch and the repositioned air restriction gauge bracket. Special forces vehicle or something like that with no windshield glass and all that stuff. Also has a green LED in the dash that has CTIS engraved on it.

Ive got an Am gen factory ctis manual...still need never seen ctis in any standard issue truck.
not sure why they have CTIS equipped hubs on all the new trucks.

dilvoy

Ive got an Am gen factory ctis manual...still need never seen ctis in any standard issue truck.
not sure why they have CTIS equipped hubs on all the new trucks.
Might be that TACOM tested them with the different later steering arm and the curved shape on the spindle where the spacer is and the Hub assy passed the durability test so all had to be built with all the same parts to be in spec.

HmmwvTim

I know this is a bit old but i was looking if I had the ctis hubs and rear caps on my 06 truck. I could have swarn I didn’t since I work a lot in that area adding breaks and a new 12k shaft the past few years (It was missing). After looking at a video of a H1 knuckle rebuild, they mentioned a ctis hole in the rear cap so I decided to look on mine. Is this knuckle ctis enabled? Cap part number is C-2671229.
IMG_1254.jpegIMG_1256.jpeg

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is a bit old but i was looking if I had the ctis hubs and rear caps on my 06 truck. I could have swarn I didn’t since I work a lot in that area adding breaks and a new 12k shaft the past few years (It was missing). After looking at a video of a H1 knuckle rebuild, they mentioned a ctis hole in the rear cap so I decided to look on mine. Is this knuckle ctis enabled? Cap part number is C-2671229.
View attachment 924388View attachment 924389
all A2 and above trucks have CTIS capability in the hubs

HmmwvTim

all A2 and above trucks have CTIS capability in the hubs
I dont think mine was listed as an a2(no holes in the body), but it does have the coolant(trans oil) going into the diff, the 12k chassis and has the large 400a alternator. The fan shroud and fan were the normal style though.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont think mine was listed as an a2(no holes in the body), but it does have the coolant(trans oil) going into the diff, the 12k chassis and has the large 400a alternator. The fan shroud and fan were the normal style though.
Like I said….A2 and above….you have an ECV, that’s “above” the A2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks