• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV's

I bid on some more HMMWV's today, man the prices are even higher than they were a few weeks ago. Like $3,000+

PLUS their 10-15% fees, taxes, transport fees, and parts it needs. This ad's up really quickly.

jrtoffroad

It does seem to be trending higher. Last week there was some good deals if you're willing to get one needing a little love. Although I got mine already, I can't help but watch the auctions. Mine might need a friend.

It does seem to be trending higher. Last week there was some good deals if you're willing to get one needing a little love. Although I got mine already, I can't help but watch the auctions. Mine might need a friend.
Yes same here, I should've bought a few more last month when the prices were down. Some nice deals, with a little love. Mine I bought was missing some things, but I have everything already from a buddy who has 6 of these HMMWV's. WINNING!

I just won and auction on my first HMMWV today on govplanet and ended up with a really basic 2dr with no top. One of the 4 door soft top M1123's I was watching went for $35k. Nuts.
Well congrats! Now the "wait" time for everything to be cleared (PS when you send your DL, make sure it is a COLOR clear picture). But yes, SEE! Thats nuts... $35,000.00 for a 4-man. No thanks

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just won and auction on my first HMMWV today on govplanet and ended up with a really basic 2dr with no top. One of the 4 door soft top M1123's I was watching went for $35k. Nuts.
Maybe there is a HMMWV SHORTAGE now that the tan ones are not ours any more... You know it is a supply and demand thing.

There are now 22,714 fewer than there were 16 days ago.

Action

I wouldn’t doubt that folks think a “2009 m1123” with fresh carc was actually built in 2009 and get in bidding war. I havent looked at that $35k one yet.

blutow

Well, another one lost. Went for $9,000.00 before fees & taxes (M1123 2-man, needs love). Last month same truck (M1123 2-man, needs love) went for $6,500.00 before fees and taxes.
Mine looks pretty decent (I hope) and went for $9700. The one that went for $35k was a 4 man 2014 rebuild with a pretty solid looking top and doors (but all canvas). Pic of mine:

1631734084881.png

pic of the $35k one below. It's a nice truck, but I bet I can get mine pretty nice and it won't cost me another $25k to get there. It's not as if the tan one is a new truck with no issue. It's still an auction and you can still expect to have issue that need to be addressed.
1631734151864.png

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Mine looks pretty decent (I hope) and went for $9700. The one that went for $35k was a 4 man 2014 rebuild with a pretty solid looking top and doors (but all canvas). Pic of mine:

View attachment 845239

pic of the $35k one below. It's a nice truck, but I bet I can get mine pretty nice and it won't cost me another $25k to get there. It's not as if the tan one is a new truck with no issue. It's still an auction and you can still expect to have issue that need to be addressed.
View attachment 845240
Well... I dunno.
That tan truck might have had to ride across the pond twice - so maybe the bid had FOB shipping included in there :cool:

blutow

That $35k is crazy for an n/a truck.
This was a turbo with a/c, hard doors, and hard top for $25k 6 months ago...
Yep. I'm far from an expert, but I reviewed a bunch of past sales and I figured that truck would go well into the 20's. I put my token bid in at ~$16k knowing I had no shot. I was floored to see it go for 35k. All it takes is 2 people with deep pockets who see something they want and aren't screwing around.

I got some good advice from a couple sources that said to go for trucks with no top because people want a top. I understand the desire for a top, but the tops are completely shot on almost all these trucks from sitting in the sun. The roof supports are worth something, but not the huge premium I see people paying for trucks with trashed tops. I think same general phenomenon holds true for 2 door vs. 4 door. The 4 door premium seems to exceed the cost to turn a 2 door into a 4 door in many cases (at least for the soft doors). Paying big $'s 2 extra doors that are shot and need to be replaced anyway doesn't make much sense.

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep. I'm far from an expert, but I reviewed a bunch of past sales and I figured that truck would go well into the 20's. I put my token bid in at ~$16k knowing I had no shot. I was floored to see it go for 35k. All it takes is 2 people with deep pockets who see something they want and aren't screwing around.

I got some good advice from a couple sources that said to go for trucks with no top because people want a top. I understand the desire for a top, but the tops are completely shot on almost all these trucks from sitting in the sun. The roof supports are worth something, but not the huge premium I see people paying for trucks with trashed tops. I think same general phenomenon holds true for 2 door vs. 4 door. The 4 door premium seems to exceed the cost to turn a 2 door into a 4 door in many cases (at least for the soft doors). Paying big $'s 2 extra doors that are shot and need to be replaced anyway doesn't make much sense.
SHHHHHHhhhhhhhh.... Dont give up the secrets !!!

M1165A1

What a change. I got a my M1165A1 in February for $26k and it was in prime shape other than the tires. Perfect interior, all pieces there, doors on the side, everything worked. And the price difference for a REV truck is well worth the extra $$$. I haven't seen anything like that at govplanet or on the secondary market for months.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks