• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hockey puck needed

FreightTrain

Banned
Think it is a spacer for the king pin.I know when I go to put the plate on top(with rear allready installed),the "Hockey Puck" is taller than the mating surface of the knuckle.So when you tighten the plate the bolts actually pull the knuckle upwards.The disk is about 1" in diameter by a couple thousands thick with a hole dead center to allow grease to flow though it.

TheBuggyman

Clark Truck Parts should have them. I think that they may come in different thicknesses to set a pre-load to the knuckle. If the "puck" is too thick then they add the shims below the knuckle cap.

FreightTrain

Banned
Whoo hoo,I found it finally.I did an archaeological dig(picture the introduction scene to the scientist in Jurrasic park) of the cab and found it under about an inch of Alabama Red mud left over from the weekend from hades!

KenzMan

Can anyone tell me how much clearance the steering knuckle should have on the king pins vertically ?, I bring the knuckle up tight on the bottom and the puck is recessed almost a 1/16" on the top . That side of my axle leaks pretty bad and I'm wondering if that 1/16" is enough to break the seal with the axle .