• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hog Farm Deuce

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a new Deuce from GSA and the University of Arkansas Swine Farm! The truck was rebuilt in '88 and now has 6600 miles on it, down side is it has a big Honey Dew Tank on it so no bed and it has been sitting in a tree line for six years, up side it has a big hydraulic system driven by the stock pto, and I paid less than half the scrap value for the truck!!!! Now to recover it and get rid of that tank, anyone near NW Arkansas with a bed to spare?
James G.

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Tank

The tank is in good shape and they did a good job of building a base and then bolting the base to the frame rails, so no welding to the frame! I intend pulling it off and hauling it down to the live stock auction barn to see if I can at least get what I paid for the truck out of it!
A free deuce is hard to beat! The engine looks different to me for some reason, other than the fact it is a non-turbo?
James G.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I shall not fear the hogs, but I am a little worried about the smell.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
clinto said:
Clinto, you need a shop van with a complete shower and an outside sink for hand washing.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Recovry4x4 said:
clinto said:
Clinto, you need a shop van with a complete shower and an outside sink for hand washing.
Holy moly, I believe you have just stumbled onto the BEST justification for an M109A3 I have ever read........ :p I even know how I will do the sink. I will have it flip down like the toilet in the back of a C-130!

Ok, adding M109 to the list of stuff I am saving for......

M109A3
M816
DUKW
maybe another Hemi Road Runner............ 8)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where do you get these C130 toilets? I'd like to mount one on the mudflap on my deuce.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Recovry4x4 said:
Where do you get these C130 toilets? I'd like to mount one on the mudflap on my deuce.
GL used to have them, but then DRMS realized that the Iranians have the burned out hulk of a C-130 in a compound so they changed the demil code and the surplus toilets now have to be destroyed with one of those big shredder thingies they use on B-52's @ Davis Mothball AFB. This has to be done to ensure the Iranians can not build a fleet of burned out unflyable C-130 hulks with semi-functioning toilets.

"DRMS, protecting democracy one surplus toilet at a time"

desertfox

Great score man.
I must be an early M35. Perhaps early to mid 60's?
What tires are on the front. We folks here are having difficulty obtaining good tires. We are attemtping to get away from the military NDC but not those tall Mich tires. Trying to stay as military looking as possible, but a more roadable tire.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MikeOn I have some photos of the pto /pump setup at home I will post tomorrow, as for the tires it looks like a different one on every wheel! I have a full set of 11X20's for my wrecker, would 11X20's rub on the rear in a stock setup on the Deuce?
James G.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clean Up

The hog farm deuce is cleaning up real nice, no rust, pulled 30 gallons of good looking 5 year old diesel so far and maybe another 10-12 to go. really nice hydraulic system pump, tank and motor! Going to try and start it today, maybe.
James G.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks