• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hol-Gar Gen Set

David Sims

I got this in a trade a couple of years ago. Interesting little fellow, pictures should be attached. It has a rusty gas tank and spins over too easily. I suspect low compression so I did not go further with it. Appears to be complete.

Any ideas on its value would be appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

1800 Diesel

I got this in a trade a couple of years ago. Interesting little fellow, pictures should be attached. It has a rusty gas tank and spins over too easily. I suspect low compression so I did not go further with it. Appears to be complete.

I plan to sell it. Any ideas on its value would be appreciated.
Since that's a 400hz unit, I suspect the market is pretty slim even it were functioning properly. So, IMHO you have a used B&S engine that you might get $50-75 for. Now if you did a little troubleshooting you could probably get the engine running. If running, I would estimate value at closer to $150.

Please note that these values have no relation to a collector market, if there is any. Go over to Smokestak & you'll find a few threads on Hol-Gar sets, most different from yours but I did see a post from a guy who may have the same set as yours. Possibly you can link up with someone who has a need for the set & would be willing to pay a little more.

Kevin