• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hole in fuel tank

beanman1

well i could get was the liquid crap i just walked outside to check it and seems to be workin will know for sure tomorrow when i get some fuel in it

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How long does it take to find a new tank and install it?

beanman1

i know it doesnt take long doghead but i dont have the funds to get a new one yet until my court battle is over when it is over i will get a new tank and then some like a/c and maybe a banks set up lol

stump

if the tank is off clean and sand the area and use fiderglass to repair it . If you do the entier bottom you wont have a problem again. I did this on a old tractor that the dottom of the tank was gone in its lasted 20 years with diesel in it. While the tank is off change the sock on the fuel pickup.

Marschmallow

There is a product used on home heating oil tanks called magne-patch or something like that, uses a magnet to squeeze a piece of foam against the steel tank. (temporary fix)
I've fixed leaky piping on the bottom of heating oil tanks by using a shop vac on the fill pipe to pull the tank into a negative, allowing the leak to temporarially stop, which allows removal of tank piping at bottom of tank, works with #2 heating oil and K-1, probably ok with diesel, but never try it with gasoline!

bkwudzhom

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!! These are not the best way to make a proper fuel tank repair!
First you need to get a Torch then......rofl