• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holes in the grill

hwcurtice

No, not the factory ones, that allow airflow through the radiator, the two that are in every CUCV grill that are bigger than the others. Looks like they put a horn or siren in there or something else. Up towards the top of the grill.

Just curious...

Doesn't seem to be a reason to have them them in civilian life, but a nice place to have an airhorn for people doing under the speed limit....

Yes, I know. Generally, a CUCV can't do over 55 MPH in native configuration. But there's always a gear swap possible....

Is it possible to hijack your own thread?

Cucvnut

one if for the nato slave plug and the other is a black out light. unless you mean in the radiator support. also look up combat jump he did a gear swap on his 1028.

hwcurtice

one if for the nato slave plug and the other is a black out light. unless you mean in the radiator support. also look up combat jump he did a gear swap on his 1028.
Ahh I see now. I got a picture of one that really shows the close up. Even so, if someone hadn't told me, I would not have know what they were. Haven't seen any in person.

hwcurtice

You can always slap an overdrive unit on the back of your t-case to get more speed.
And that's something that is 'On' all the time? Or something you can turn off when you need the extra torque?

Yeah, trying to learn something here.

I found a rather nice one on craigslist and I can't seem to decide. Of course, if I had the $$$, I'd be there already...

DrJekl

It is a Gear Vendor kit and you can control it on/off and when it kicks in 20/40 MPH. I leave mine on all the time and engage at 40mph. I can run 70 in the truck now but the sweet spot for fuel economy seems to be about 60 as the rpms are about where is was previously at 45mph in third gear.

hwcurtice

Odd thing in the cab...

Looks like a cover for a NATO plug. Below the dash. (While looking at a few pictures on a certain un-named site. :deadhorse:) On all the m1028, I spotted this in the cabs, Has a cover with a chain hanging down on most of them. Right above the 4x4 shift lever.

Yes, still learning about these rigs, as I may be buying one in the future. Want to go in not completely blind...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the TMs, they are full of education (and pictures).

ryan77

Looks like a cover for a NATO plug. Below the dash. (While looking at a few pictures on a certain un-named site. :deadhorse:) On all the m1028, I spotted this in the cabs, Has a cover with a chain hanging down on most of them. Right above the 4x4 shift lever.

Yes, still learning about these rigs, as I may be buying one in the future. Want to go in not completely blind...
I thought that plug was for the flux capacitor??? Its what makes time travel possible!! You need the gear vendor so you can hit 88 mph!!!!!!! And 1.21 jiggawatts !!!!:shock: