• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holey thread pitch, fuelcan holder!

Pawnshop

Does anyone know the thread pitch/bolt size for the fuel can holder pedestal in the back if the M1009? Or better yet, anyone have four spare bolts I can have? I have the can holder and was going to use nutted bolts to secure it but the holes are threaded.

Attachments

armytruck63

I don't know the size, but as a general rule the military uses fine pitch threads on vehicles. They don't vibrate loose as easily as coarse pitch threads do.

snock

I just put the Jerry can holder in mine and the bolts I used were just regular 5/16-18. The same was true for the side antenna mounts. I put a little bit of never-seize on the antenna bracket bolts and they went right in. The fuel can holder bolts went in by hand.

mistaken1

I just put the Jerry can holder in mine and the bolts I used were just regular 5/16-18. The same was true for the side antenna mounts. I put a little bit of never-seize on the antenna bracket bolts and they went right in. The fuel can holder bolts went in by hand.
Ditto for me.