• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holiday Weekend

Jim145

Since Not much going on here I thought I would see what everyone is planning on doing this weekend

I myself am going out to WV for the weekend for some quiet time ( I have to leave the m35 home this time to long of a drive for such a short stay)

I'm going to leave tommorow after work, I've got my bag packed and my Quad loaded hopefully I'll be on the road around noon.

It gets pretty busy with lots of traffic around here with the beach & boardwalk and Atlantic City.

So Whats everyone doing?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll just be hanging around the house. Might bust some tires off the rims but thats about it.

Loose Deuce

The Deuce is going on its first parade Sat. and there will be a Crawfish Boil after that and a trail ride of some kind, never been on one of them? :confused: Oh and its not but 25 miles away. :hop:

Desert Rat

I'm finishing my portfolio for my Masters degree and visiting Howard Hammond on Saturday. For all interested make your requests known to me by this time tomorrow. I'll have a print out with all requests and prices on Sunday. Follow up excursion is scheduled for the middle of next month. I'll have my car carrier in tow on both days. I'll need ca$h on the follow-up trip. No ca$h in my hand means I can't get the parts for you.

n3uka

I'll be stuck at work all 3 days.
I hate retail. :banghead:

Good part is they asked me to park my deuce outside with a flag on it sunday.
At least I get to ride in style one day.

bozozimbo

I was asked at the very last minute, by the 5th Special Forces Assn. here, if I would drive them in the parade. I really wanted to but its my mothers birthday also and shes in Utah. I already paid my dues in uniform so Mom wins out.
I really wanted to do the parade .

ironhorsethegeneral

We have a parade in Blairsville, GA carring WWII Vets on Saturday and then on Monday with the Georgia State Defense Force (volunteer military) we have an event at the Military Cemetery here in our area.

MVtrucker

Bridgeton, NJ, Memorial Day Parade. Gotta draw straws to see what I'll take. Been in this parade every year since 1954, save two, as a Boy Scout, CW reenactor and the past ten years or so with a mil-vehicle. I'm usually the only one with a MV, since the NG quit participating. Everybody waves, except the Mexicans..

Dieselsmoke

Working. Wanted to go the the travelling Vietnam wall in Yuba City with some of the vehicles but we've just got super busy and even working the weekend won't be able to keep up. Gotta keep the customers happy, besides, with all the yahooos out on the road and the way traffic is right now I'd rather not take the big trucks out. Too tempting to squash smoebody!

MVtrucker

Yes, Bill, I agree. Way back when, people would not pull out in fromt of a large truck (scared), but now they don't want to be behind you, so they jump out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks