• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holy Cow Batman !!!

WRMorrison

I would like to know which 2 of you were fighting over this and why? Seems like a ourageous price.

also FYI you could have bought a M1070 HET!!!!!

Anyways Godspeed

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=7167449&convertTo=USD
Here's another good one: There were (6) M1078 LMTV's just sold in Georgia. 4 of them went for: $12K, $13.5K, $14.5K and $15K (this was the only one in tan; apparently, that color is worth extra money...). The other 2 trucks went for $7700 and $7951. The difference? The high-bid trucks had "M1078" in the title while the low-bid trucks had "M-1078" in the title. A little extra searching prowess allowed a guy (or two guys) to save an average of $6K PER TRUCK! They were all in approximately the same condition (little details here and there, but they all ran/functioned fine if I recall).

I REALLY want one of these trucks someday, but those prices just aren't worth it to me. Again, you could buy a HET with that kind of cash...

-WRM

3dAngus

Prices are definitely going up on the wreckers from what people paid 2-3 years ago, and maybe even a year ago. Those who bought them made some really good deals back then, and some can double their money if they have them 100%.

I would love to have one, but don't expect it to happen. To much maintenance for me, and if you got the insurance the way you are supposed to, commercially, it will cost you an arm and a leg. Insurance for historical purposes and display is not so bad, as long as you never use it for it's intended purpose out on our highways. Those things have more toys on it then Grandma's Christmas tree.

hwcurtice

At least with this wrecker, you know the fluids were drained... kinda.... "Leaking antifreeze and hydraulic fluids".

Looks like a rig destined to be hauled, not driven, home.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Here's another good one: There were (6) M1078 LMTV's just sold in Georgia. 4 of them went for: $12K, $13.5K, $14.5K and $15K (this was the only one in tan; apparently, that color is worth extra money...). The other 2 trucks went for $7700 and $7951. The difference? The high-bid trucks had "M1078" in the title while the low-bid trucks had "M-1078" in the title. A little extra searching prowess allowed a guy (or two guys) to save an average of $6K PER TRUCK! They were all in approximately the same condition (little details here and there, but they all ran/functioned fine if I recall).

I REALLY want one of these trucks someday, but those prices just aren't worth it to me. Again, you could buy a HET with that kind of cash...

-WRM
Patience my friend. With the increase in uparmored trucks and the fact that they are now approaching 20 years old and the fact the military is excess of cargo vehicles, your hope to someday own one maybe within reach sooner than you might think. I still remember the guy that paid over 45K for a MTV with cargo handling crane a few years ago. Although that version is somewhat rarer than others, THAT GUY will never get that kinda R.O.I.

939 stuff is gonna be the old hat stuff...or already is. Any surviving deuces sure are bringing higher prices.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
What about the VTQ-18 drilling trucks? Those are kick-azz and I think I know at least one member has one.

$159K- WOW!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Sometimes when I see stuff sell for big numbers the same item will come around again a few weeks later so just because the auction closes high does not mean the high bidder will actually pay

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The very first M35A3 I saw sold from DRMO was at Homestead AFB and went for 50 large. There is a price to be the first guy on the block with something.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That drill rig went cheap compared to a new one of those, 1600 hrs is about the same as new, looks to be 6" minimum hole, more like a 8 " , our last drill at the quarry where I worked in ca. cost very close to 3/4 of a Million $

coxju04

I have been watching the prices go up and up, I have been trying to talk the BOSS lady in, on letting me get one. Telling her all the pluses about the Deuce, that we could have Date night, go for a SLOW ride. I just knew toys for tots would work. Nope not yet. So now I’m telling her that its time because all the prepper shows, I believe are making the price fly throw the roof. I believe that I just could go out and buy one and ask for forgiveness.

Last edited by a moderator: