• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holy cow I won one!

greenjeepster

No worries, greenjeepster! You got a nice pair looks like!

A lot of those trucks, especially the winch ones, went higher than I expected. I put in a high bid on #6921 but no dice!

Hey I'm already searching and reading, but since I got a truck and a trailer at different locations, will I have to submit two EUC's?
As long as the event number is the same the euc is good for all three. The prices these things are selling for is a lot less than the were a few years ago. A running truck a few years ago would have been over 2500 no matter how many where on the site. They have come down mostly because of the economy I guess and enough people have gotten burned by GL that they are not as eager to bid high anymore.

greenjeepster

I saw one of the winch trucks up to 2500 before the end. What was the avg price closing on the winch trucks if you dont mind me asking
Unit 6937 was a winch truck I bid on, it closed for 2230.00. most of them went right around there, but most either had a rear tarp on the truck or in the bed so that adds some value too.

JCKnife

I saw one of the winch trucks up to 2500 before the end. What was the avg price closing on the winch trucks if you dont mind me asking
I was pretty narrowly focused on about 9 trucks. Of those, I think 3 of the ones with winches went above $2,000 and the rest were $1,700 - $2,000.

Actually maybe all the winch trucks went above $2,000? I'm not sure. I got a phone call at 4:53 that lasted right up til 5 (I thought it would never end!)

As stated the wo / w trucks went for a lot less. Mine was $935

Last edited:

greenjeepster

I was pretty narrowly focused on about 9 trucks. Of those, I think 3 of the ones with winches went above $2,000 and the rest were $1,700 - $2,000.

Actually maybe all the winch trucks went above $2,000? I'm not sure. I got a phone call at 4:53 that lasted right up til 5 (I thought it would never end!)

As stated the wo / w trucks went for a lot less. Mine was $935
Oh you are a very lucky man, I was the 900.00 bid on that truck and had every intention of winning it, but then my wife said she had a head ache and needed something to eat so we went out to dinner.

JCKnife

Oh you are a very lucky man, I was the 900.00 bid on that truck and had every intention of winning it, but then my wife said she had a head ache and needed something to eat so we went out to dinner.
Didn't you already get two?!

I would have bid a little more aggressively on one of the winch trucks, but I got a phone call at 4:53 that lasted right up to 5:01 (and it was a customer, I couldn't just hang up).

greenjeepster

Didn't you already get two?!

I would have bid a little more aggressively on one of the winch trucks, but I got a phone call at 4:53 that lasted right up to 5:01 (and it was a customer, I couldn't just hang up).
Yes, but I was going to get as many as I could. If my wife hadn't said lets go get something to eat my plan was to just keep pushing that truck a bid at a time. My cut off was 1200.00 on it though.

fasttruck

Trucks with extra fuel can holders on the rear mud guards were frequently found on vehicles that were utilized as either mess trucks or maintenance trucks, jobs allocated to 2.5 ton cargo trucks. Another indicator of such service would be raised bows to allow personnel to stand under the cargo cover and work.

JCKnife

Trucks with extra fuel can holders on the rear mud guards were frequently found on vehicles that were utilized as either mess trucks or maintenance trucks, jobs allocated to 2.5 ton cargo trucks. Another indicator of such service would be raised bows to allow personnel to stand under the cargo cover and work.
Thanks for the intel, fasttruck. Man, this is a great site I'm glad Gunwritr pointed me here from AR15.com.

There are some bows and a canopy in the back of my truck. Hopefully they will remain there until recovery. I'm a noob but they do not look like raised bows to me. Can anyone confirm?

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have any bows on my truck yet, so I can't confirm that for you....but you have photographic evidence that the bows and cover were in the truck when it was listed...if they are gone try to get the GL rep to write on your invoice that they are missing and sign it, then file a loss claim with GL after you get the truck recovered.

velociT

There are some bows and a canopy in the back of my truck. Hopefully they will remain there until recovery. I'm a noob but they do not look like raised bows to me. Can anyone confirm?
I've still never been within 5 feet of a deuce. Cannot confirm. :cry:

I also found this site through ARF.

fasttruck

Raised bows were created to get additional head room to work under the cargo cover in the rear of truck. This was accomplished by several possible methods all of which prevented the stock bow from completely seating in the channel in the troop seat. A block of wood in the bottom or a hole drilled through the channel with a nut and bolt in it held the bow up. Usually an additional foot weas provided. One of the bows in the picture is broken and could not be used for this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks