• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holy Cr$p! I got one

70deuce

Colomil, that truck's super singles are Goodyear G286 radials and are real sweet tires!! I was lucky enough to scarf 10 of those bad boys on the rims for my M818. What a difference in ride and handling. those tires are worth every bit you paid for that truck. Saw it today (thurs 1-8) while I was down there checking out my new addition. Pic attached. 1968 Kaiser, 10,200 miles 1990 rebuild tag on "D" motor.

Attachments

jmh4x4

When I was at the site looking at them, most of them where turbos, the GL guy Justin (by the way a very nice guy) was saying that alot of them for some reason have a small exhaust stack, but still had a turbo. he agreed kinda pointless setup. I didnt happen to look at the tan one so not sure about that one.

colomil

70deuce- congrats on the new truck!

I often get the "residue" trucks to fix up just for fun. This one had the tires and the hard top so I seemed like a reasonable fixer-upper. I have seen many of these super single m35a2 trucks come through ft carson but they are almost always cannibalized. On the other hand, I see the regular 10-wheel trucks come through un-molested. I guess it makes perfect "Army" sense...

Did you see some of the final prices for the M1009s? One was over $3k!

mistaken1

As soon as my EUC clears!
Have never been to Jefferson....want to help me fetch it?
Will make it worth your while!
Depending on work schedule sure, although I have only recovered one so far (it was from Jefferson City too) so it is not like I am nearly as qualified as others on this board.

I am going down Tuesday after an M1009.

Well it would be good to meet another board member and wouldn't mind the help!
My email is
gun.writer@gmail.com

Good luck on the M1009!
These things are addictive huh!

Maybe I can arrange the pick-up so you can go!
Should be an adventure!

I'd go with you to help with the M1009 but I fly out to Orlando for the SHOT Show
Sunday....dammit!

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome fellow Marylander. Your are surrounded by a fair number of SS members. Nice truck, and oh yea, wives never go after army trucks in a divorce!!! You are safe on that front!

Last edited:

jmh4x4

Good to know about the divorce front lol. I made up to her last night, we went shopping :roll: and dinner, luckly she's pretty easy to make up too. she has a scrapbooking habit so I think we are now even, beside she now has something else to take pictures of.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks