• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holy crap I did it!!!

Blood_of_Tyrants

Hints: Send your EUC between mid morning and early afternoon. That way you have a better chance of the fax machine not running out of paper. Don't even think about sending your EUC after 4 or 5 pm Mountain time because there is about a 90% chance it will never be found.

Call the day after you send it and ask if it has been logged in. If it has, great. If it hasn't, ask who will have the account and see if you can talk directly to them and then get their email and email it directly to them.

You can fax for free at Free Fax • Free Internet Faxing Scan in your EUC and save it as a pdf file. Faxzero will upload it and send it free.

mattgw86

I missed the end of the auctions today... which is probably for the best anyway, I don't need to be spending the money on one yet. I know I would have went for one of them.

frodobaggins

I missed the end of the auctions today... which is probably for the best anyway, I don't need to be spending the money on one yet. I know I would have went for one of them.
You know I got two right up the road... Maybe even make you a special deal if you can get your buddy to grab the other one...

mattgw86

Yeah I'd really rather buy my first one from a person, so I don't have to wait for it :-D

I'll get with Paul to see how he's coming along saving up. I know he's got to sell a few things to fund it.

wb1895

Is anybody going to Warner that could look at the truck and let me know what I have gotten myself into? I am still stuck here in the sand box, and will have to hire someone to pick it up and deliver it to the house.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hold on, somebody will fess up going to WR. BTW, nice looking non-turbo deuce. If you had your heart set on a turbo, one can be added without too much effort.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you can get the turbo and the oil line to the turbo, I have the rest of what you need. Might be able to find a turbo too, given enough time. PM when you get stateside.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a turbo you can have. I will check to see what other parts I have. I will have to check this weekend if it is a C or D. It's still on a cratered engine.

When are you returming State side?

Warthog

wb1895

I've got a turbo you can have. I will check to see what other parts I have. I will have to check this weekend if it is a C or D. It's still on a cratered engine.

When are you returming State side?

Warthog

I "should" be coming home in August on leave. I heard that adding a turbo to a non turbo engine is bad..... or does it not matter.

Any help is always appreciated!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I "should" be coming home in August on leave. I heard that adding a turbo to a non turbo engine is bad..... or does it not matter.

Any help is always appreciated!!
No worries, that is exactly what the government did. I've added turbos many times without issue. Lots of folks here have added turbos.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something to think about.

The turbo really doesn't add that much if any power. My understanding is that it was added to help reduce the black smoke.

I have a non-turbo Deuce that is in the process of being refurbed and bobbed.

It is my favorite Deuce to drive. It is really quite. I like the whistle of a "C" turbo but it gives me a headache after a few minutes. The "D" is much better for me, but the Non-turbo....awwwwww.

Everyone has their opinion. I would just drive they truck and when you buy more trucks you can get a "C", "D" and then you can move up to 5-tons.....LOL

Sheilds up, flame suit on......:wink:

Warthog

wb1895

I will probably drive it and see what I think. The last deuce I had was issued by the Army years ago. I dont remember if it was a turbo or not. I do know that deuces dont fly very well when jumped off of a hill. The suspension and the motor mounts dont hold up;-). That was fun explaining..........

Coal Cracker

Ok got a pic of mine, and got e-mail stating I won so now I'm happy.

Got to look her over before winning

D turbo, No real rust, Clean Overall

Thanks for all your help, and info I Couldn't/Wouldn't have gotten into this without the help and info from everyone on this site.

The win is bittersweet for me, as my dad served in the Marines , and worked in our states forest service as a Forestry Ranger towards retirement
Forestry allways had deuces running around for fire suppresion, and maintenence, and we have salivated over every one of them them, but never knew how to obtain one.

My father has since passed away, so I hope he's living vicariously through me, And I'll have a big smile on my face while behind the wheel, and am rowing through the gears.

I also plan on being active here , and hopefully helping someone else out when I can.;-)

Thank You

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks