• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holy Snow / missing wireing harness

cruz

Wow, that made for an interesting pickup of my 818 yesterday, it took me about 5 hours to go from lansing to the Indiana border, and 3 hours to go the remaining 150 miles. all went well, except for having to stop every 15 to 20 miles to clean the wipers, they would get iced up and not clean the windshield. I did however see about 25 cars in the ditch, I don't know why people don't slow down, I would be going 30ish to 35mph, and all of a sudden some idiot would come flying by at I would guess 55, and a couple miles ahead there would be 4 or 5 cars in the ditch, anyways no pics, I was to nervous and had both hands on the steering wheel, hoping no one would cut me off. I'll get some pics of my truck when it quits snowing.

also upon looking the truck over it is missing the wiring to go from the truck to trailer, does anyone know where to get this or have one they are willing to sell,

thanks in advance.

by the way, sorry I didn't stick around to meet any of you guys at lansing, I think I saw some of you, but just checked the truck over and took off, knowing that I had a long slow ride ahead.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that is the black stuff that is put in radiators to prevent rust. i took off 818 water pump and that black gooh was just like yours. the water pump was super clean just like it was sand blasted. but it rusted up fast once out of the truck

cruz

I just drove slow, nothing special.

also I am missing the wiring that should go from the truck to the trailer, there is a spot to plug the wires in to which is next to the air lines, but no wiring to get to the trailer, I am guessing it is a coiled wire that has a plug on both ends.

I just drove slow, nothing special.

also I am missing the wiring that should go from the truck to the trailer, there is a spot to plug the wires in to which is next to the air lines, but no wiring to get to the trailer, I am guessing it is a coiled wire that has a plug on both ends.
i think its called an intervehicle cord?
you are correct as it has a plug on both ends.
they also come in 3 or 4 different lenths.

cruz

I hope to pick up a m127 trailer, and deliver bins of pumpkins with it, yes pumpkins, and also be able to pull my tractor to the tractor pulls, or whatever else I can pull that is to much weight for my f-350 and my 7 ton gooseneck.