• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HOLY.......someone wanted this one bad LOL

Wyattearp

someone must have had more money than common sense, they would have been lucky to gotten me to bid 1500, much less 7500

Desert Rat

Well, you know what they say,"A fool and their money soon part ways". They'll probably be ill after they find out they paid about $2,000 above retail for a wholesale truck. Plus, there is no guarantee the thing will even run or drive. GL really is a scam.

Deuce-bigalo

I actually put that one in my favorites on GL a while back. I liked the look, it seemed clean - but it only seemed $2500 clean, not $7500 - sheesh, why is it people without common sense have butt loads of money and those who use common sense have a hard time getting money?!?!

John

MVtrucker

Another truck that went too high is the one where "missing a door" was mentioned. A look at the interior shows that the light switch, horn button, starter button and air filter indicator are also missing. The instrument panel is just hanging, indicating more items like tach or speedo cable might have been robbed. I imagine that some parts might be missing under the hood, too.

Trango

Now maybe and just maybe,

The true value of deuces is coming out. Now, listen to me here. It could be that current demand for these trucks, with better visibility of them and perhaps somewhat of a shortage of them compared to numbers seen in surplus in past years/decades, has pushed the price point of these trucks to where they ought to be for the moment.

Also, GL itself has much better visibility these days vs. when it started.

Who knows - maybe the days of buying a cheap deuce at auction (well, from GL) are mostly over!

Bob

M1075

One more thought to ponder. At least two people thougt it was worth $7,000+ since somebody had to be outbid for it to get that high. These are not sealed bids you know.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm not saying that it's worth $7500 but it's not the most popular truck out there. The drop side winch trucks aren't that common and if you want one with the correct NSN might be worth a few extra dollars. Who knows. Maybe the bidder has one up on us and did inspect the truck. Maybe he has a contact there that let him slave it and start it. More factors here than the original price. I surely couldn't afford it but there are deuces worth every bit of $7500 out there.

Dieselsmoke

cten said:
The truck looks in good shape,
Key words right there. I personally inspected this truck, and it was on my list of trucks to bid on, but wasn't even close to being in as good of shape as two others in that same location. I think GL is getting pretty good with their camera angles and stuff anymore. I know I won't bid on any of their stuff anymore without seeing it in person.

Trango

"GL admitted the aquisition prices are two decimal points off and they hope to get it corrected real soon."

Ok so I saw that, and I'm not one to quibble on the Milveh list too openly about that stuff, but come ON. Some of the numbers put up recently were so blatantly pulled out of someone's kiester. Like "99,000" for an acquisition cost or "1,500,000". Come ON! The fact that these numbers are so round is not a coincidence. They're pulling numbers out of a hat.

Bob

MVtrucker

Acquisition prices do not influence my bidding, I bid what an item is worth to me, but I suppose some people use it as a bid basis. There was a time when bidders commonly bid a certain amount per dollar, like ten cents per dollar aquisition. This was usually on bulk items.

Warren Lovell

I think a vehicle is worth what someone will pay for it. The only true valuation I've seen is what the vehicles sell at auction. And not just gov liquid, but the other high dollar ones. If you want it and have the money, why not buy it? Much better to have than to want.

I paid $3200 for my Deuce with hard cab and winch, turbo, etc...and 14000 miles. I have friends that have paid twice as much for a lesser truck. Or three times as much just because it has a fresh coat of paint. I was going to pay $5500 for a truck of the same quality, but its head gaslet blew.

I've paid for things on ebay that I just had to win...regardless of the price! Its that competition bidding war mentality...a BAD BAD thing! But I have to admit...I enjoy it.

Warren Lovell

1941 Dodge WC-12, 1941 Dodge WC-13, 1942 Jeep GPW, 1948 Chevy 1.5 ton, 1949 Chevy 1.5 ton, 1975 Am General M35A2, 1955 Cadillac Sedan, 1963 VW Bug, 1960 Corvette, 1983 Ferarri 308GTSi.

San Diego, California