• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holy strong bows Batman!

Towerguy1

This version was used for the tactical deployment of F-16 fighters in rough terrain conditions. The program was scrapped when a deuce driver was killed when he forgot to pull the release handle to let the F-16 go during a launch.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looks nice but I wonder if he wrapped the winch cable too far and so replaced the upper strap with C Channel? Looks like the drivers seat has seen a bit of flatulance too but I would have done more than that if the F16 got that close to me driving down the road.

mangus580

Re: RE: Holy strong bows Batman!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Looks nice but I wonder if he wrapped the winch cable too far and so replaced the upper strap with C Channel?
A pretty common problem.... mine has C channel too ;-)

pa.rich

RE: Re: RE: Holy strong bows Batman!

Actually , what happened there was the jet had landing gear problems and the duece rode the runway as he was coming in for the landing and caught the jet. He had overdrive in the M35A2, so they were able to syncronize their speeds perfectly.

jeli

Re: RE: Re: RE: Holy strong bows Batman!

pa.rich said:
Actually , what happened there was the jet had landing gear problems and the duece rode the runway as he was coming in for the landing and caught the jet. He had overdrive in the M35A2, so they were able to syncronize their speeds perfectly.
Actually this was the second pass for the deuce. They first had to extract the wing gunner.

Attachments

houdel

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Holy strong bows Batman!

Awesome truck. I've seen pics of the M938 Lacrosse Missile launcher before, but this is the first time I've heard of a F-16 jet launcher. I wonder if they install special heat resistant glass in the windshield? David Doyle, where are you? We need more info on that M35A2 variant. Do you have it included in your latest "Standard Category of US Military Vehicles" manual?

It IS fun to throw an occasional chuckle here and there. Helps break the monotony of the typical "what part number do I need to replace this part" posting.

N1265

That pic is toooooo funny ! :lol: ( I Just blew milk out my nose. )

You might be a red neck If : You have ever posed as a "wing gunner" on a fighter jet !

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The seller is not a member but I do know him and have seen the truck. Worst thing I remember is some rust around the cowl but he fixed that. I think I might have a pic of it when it was at DRMO. Yup, here it is! Matter of fact, the troop seats and front bumper came from my collection of junk.

Attachments