• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Home Depot 383 tan too peachy/pinky. Alternative code?

Farnorth

I've painted several humvees and an M923 with the Behr Marquee Federal Standard 383 tan code. I feel it's accurate to the color, but find that it is a little pinky or peachy compared to the tan tops and doors. The older equipment seemed to be a little sandier or browner in color and I think it would match the canvas better. Does anyone have a code that would be more in the spectrum that I am looking for? Thank you in advance.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got Tan from Home Depot before - they have Gov codes so should trust the colour mix.. Looked fine on my M916A1. There is another thread with pics of the truck and paint can code...

nattieleather

You could always have HD color match your canvas and then paint with that. The hard part is getting a small enough sample of the canvas or having them hold the door on their computer.