• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Homemade troopseats?

MDSA

Since new M37 troopseat hardware costs an arm and a leg, and used does not seem available for much less (if at all), I have not been able to add troopseats yet. I saw a pic of a M37 with all wooden seats. That got me to thinking about the extra Deuce seat metal parts that I have laying around. I did some rough measuring this afternoon, and I think it will work. I have 5 hinges from Deuce troop seats, so I have room for one mistake.

Has anyone tried to make the troopseat hardware for a M37 out of Deuce troopseats? It would save me some experimentation if I could get the measurements from someone who has done this.

Welder Sam

im pondering doing this with my 105a3 that ill use for my crewcab bed. i have 3 sets of 35 trp seats now. only 2 cargo beds tho. cut up the worst one for expeirimenting!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The uprights are totally different sized. I pieced mine together from several places before snake river started reproducing them. (I do have 1 side extra troop seat brackets-the seat part). I don't think modded M35 seats will work (without ALOT of work) or look remotely right. It's prolly going to run 200-250.

desert demon

Mite go to youre local steel yard and see if they got some channel laying around about the same size and experiment with it to make a pattern.2cents