• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Honey, you got some splainin' to do!

Blood_of_Tyrants

Well, I've done it now. I just bought no1, not 2, not 3, but FOUR deuces from the GL lot in Smyrna, ten miles from my home. Mama just looked at me and ssked, "Where are we going to put them all?" To which I replied, "We have a big back yard. There is PLENTY of room." It's a good thing she loves me.

Now pics. They are GL pics, but they are pics.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Hone, you got some splainin

:beer:

You are almost to the point you can have a different deuce every day of the week!

Blood_of_Tyrants

My current plans are to take the one in the best shape and put the winch on it and then to sell the others for money for wheels and 52" tires and a crew cab conversion.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

That's cool- I would love to have a crewcab deuce.

FreightTrain

Banned

hope you know,you can't put 52s on a deuce.You gotta lift it and move the rears out which means 6 custom torque rods,custom made leaf springs.Not to mention you won't have ANY turning radius since the tires will rub on the frame before lock.

ida34

Man. What happened to the top on the first one? It looked like the Hindenberg got deflated. Good catch. I wish I had a yard 10 miles from my house.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Hone, you got some splainin

ida34 said:
Man. What happened to the top on the first one? It looked like the Hindenberg got deflated. Good catch. I wish I had a yard 10 miles from my house.
Roger that on the 10 miles. Every time I bring a truck home it's 100 miles one way. Not a very long trip, but wish it was shorter.

I think the cargo cover got dragged over onto one side of the bed. If you had taken a pic of the opposite side, you'd see the troop seat and almost no cover.

FreightTrain

Banned

ok,first one the cover was pulled over to one side...who knows why....
Second one is a New Jersey Nasty guard truck
Third and forth pic is of either a Maintanance truck or a supply truck.They lift the rear covers on them and add the LOCKABLE cage on the rear so they can lock up weapons,Tools,Ammo,other boom boom stuff and be able to walk around while standing straight up.

DT466Man

haha those were the ones i was lookng at. i was going to pick one but never did bid. wanted to do some research first. some said did start though right?

congrats man......

if you ever want to sell one hit me up, i am looking at getting my first duece.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Re: RE: Hone, you got some splainin

FreightTrain said:
hope you know,you can't put 52s on a deuce.You gotta lift it and move the rears out which means 6 custom torque rods,custom made leaf springs.Not to mention you won't have ANY turning radius since the tires will rub on the frame before lock.
Then maybe I'll go with the 46" tires and super single it. Where can I get wheels?

They only posted two pics of the first truck. The tarp is just pulled up for some reason.

Attachments

DT466Man

RE: Re: RE: Hone, you got some splainin

seriously, id buy a runner from you if you decided to sell one at some point. its hard to find these trucks close to me.

DT

DT466Man

RE: Re: RE: Hone, you got some splainin

Ha its just been this past week that i have really gotten into it....i have always like MV's though

Jackson is a good 3hrs from me......not too bad. definetly something i would want to bring a trailer for.

IronPig

Blood_of_Tyrants said:
"We have a big back yard. There is PLENTY of room." It's a good thing she loves me.
Man, and I thought my wife was understanding! I have 12 Toyota Land Cruisers, but when I told her I was bringing a deuce home all she could say was, "you're not planning on keeping it here at the house are you?

All I could say was, "Not yet." (in my head I finished with, "not until I get the crew cab conversion done...")

Sounds like a good score, keep us posted on the herd. (or should I say horde?)

jim-m35a2

You guys seem to have some understanding wives. I am divorced and no more FOC so I can drag home anything I want. My friend's wife says he can not have a deuce. He will be going with me to pick my deuce up and he is already thinking about buying one and hiding it at another one of our friends house. Poor guy.
________
LovelyWendie99

Last edited: