• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood/cawl replacement

PawnShopEd

The cowl isn't the main problem, I would think the rockers are beings there box tube and then ends of mine are rusted out and the sides I don't know yet but I know theres a good bit of mud in them. As car as the cowl goes I would just cut the one off the perfect cab at the spot welds and tig it on flush.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have a perfect 2nd cab just change it. If you don't have a cherry picker, I'm sure 6 people could lift it on (maybe even 4). Just disconnect all wiring, remove fenders, hood, windshield ect. Anything that has weight. Pull column off (save spacers), also pull shifter handles. Then just lift off and replace.

BugEyeBear

:?: What is a good source for a good rust-free Deuce/5-Ton cab? :?:

I'm looking at possibly restoring a 50+ year-old 5-Ton, and it has a few rusted bits.
(All areas are patchable, but I'm thinking that a "rust-free" cab & parts would be easier/cheaper in the long run...)

The cab of the 5-Ton & the Deuce are supposed to be the same, so I guess I could just buy a rust-free non-running Deuce (or 5-Ton). But then I'd have to get rid of all the parts I don't need....

Parts I'd be looking for are:
-Cab
-Doors
-Hard Top
-5-Ton Front Fenders
-MAYBE a Hood
-MAYBE a 5-Ton Front Bumper

OH! & I'm sure this list would grow...............

A source close to GA would be preferred!! :-D