• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood dented when opened against cab

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I leaned my hood against the cab of my deuce while changing the oil. I did not drop it on the cab and eased it against the cab. There was a light breeze that morning but it wasn't windy.

When I lowered it, I noticed a deep crease across my hood and wanted to know what I did wrong? aua

I was shocked when I saw the damage and had opened it the same way a hand full of times with no damage previous to this event.:confused:

I have the soft roof not the hard top.

sandcobra164

Just open it again and press hard against the underside of the dent. I've never had this happen on a Deuce but many times on the 800 series 5 tons.

steelandcanvas

Lay a couple of 2x4's across the top of the flame heater and valve cover area. Bring the hood down nice and slow and continue to pull down when the hood touches the 2x4's. I popped my dents and shallow creases right out that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks