• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hood latch mod for m35's with gun ring

txdodge43man

I was told that there was a field modification done to the M35's that had gun rigs that allowed you the keep the hood in the open position. Has anyone seen this or have pics of the modification. My friends truck has the clips still bolted to the hood and windshield but the prop rod is gone. I'm looking to fab one up and just wandering if anyone has come across one before.

Attachments

Jones

Had a deuce and a couple of M-37s with them but I don't remember them being specific to the gun trucks.
The rod is short, maybe 4" to 5" from down leg to down leg. Down legs are about 1", bent down at 90 degrees. The link stays with the piece on the windshield frame and has a small hole for a cotter pin to keep it retained.

Might have some better parts details if you can get your nose in a dash 10 or a 24P for the M-37s.

Attachments

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M35 has the added hood prop. It's just above the passenger side wiper. The corresponding loop is located on the hood. I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow

Attachments

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a deuce and a couple of M-37s with them but I don't remember them being specific to the gun trucks.
The rod is short, maybe 4" to 5" from down leg to down leg. Down legs are about 1", bent down at 90 degrees. The link stays with the piece on the windshield frame and has a small hole for a cotter pin to keep it retained.

Might have some better parts details if you can get your nose in a dash 10 or a 24P for the M-37s.

The rod on the M35 isn't short.
Here's some pics that should be of some help.

Attachments

Reactions: BGR
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks