• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood Markings

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know what these hood markings mean?

6FC28CEA-EF54-46DE-9931-98D0BACEECF6.jpeg

EXER. 10/14 (Exercised 10/14? - Does it need to be painted on the hood?)

23B93725-6331-450D-B8CC-1375DE9A0846.jpeg

REB. (Rebuilt?)
PRES (?)
DRIVE ON/OFF (?)

royg

C/C is Condition Code as evaluated when entering storage. A is good...F is obsolete and will not be repaired if anything expensive breaks.

PRES. is Preservation (blank indicates not done) has to do with going aboard ships and how much preparation it received (like sealing intakes etc.). Drive on/off means they were driven on and chained down, no other work done.

2320-etc. is the NSN of the vehicle

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
C/C is Condition Code as evaluated when entering storage. A is good...F is obsolete and will not be repaired if anything expensive breaks.

PRES. is Preservation (blank indicates not done) has to do with going aboard ships and how much preparation it received (like sealing intakes etc.). Drive on/off means they were driven on and chained down, no other work done.

2320-etc. is the NSN of the vehicle
Thank you, that’s very good info.
How about REB. and EXER. 10/14? (I presume 10/14 is the date)

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WR CARC 7/12 means it was painted with water reducible CARC July of 2012.

I'm no help on the EXER code, I asked my Marine truck driver son too, he shrugged his shoulders and said he was not familiar with that one.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks